1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '14 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Mar 6, 2016.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    thanks - I cant claim credit - sometimes you get lucky . Ive been lucky with buying and trading bikes lately
    Still a bit of work to do to get bike sorted

The shorter lever is definitely on the cards as the clutch egages when lever right near bars so your other fingers get in the way

I have a spare Brembo hydraulic lever but not sure if that will work with a Magura conversion kit
    Cant seem to find any kits with just cable and slave cylinder
    $350 for full kit to convert to Hydraulic is a bit much .
    I think the shorter lever and easier pull cable set up may be the go

I put bar clamp to forward position . Lowered carb height . I put in a 30 pilot and it still seems rich down low in this heat around high twenties C .
    I need to go and do some main jet testing and also trying the #5 slide from Iceberg Stus recommendations.
    Changed throttle cable .
    Still not idling very high without using cable adjustment beyond standard range :confused:

Going to fit a Tubliss on rear and new tyre to tackle those hills again . Has got a Pirelli MT21 on it which doesn't seem too great.

Will try moving the kick start lever forward a notch to see if that helps with kicking it and possibly retard ignition if that helps

If I cant get a good result I will look at lowering compression and/or the decompression head option
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Funny thing - the clutch cover and frame is now all scratched after one ride - so not sure what previous owner was doing - riding in his slippers ?
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You got a vid Rocky on the idling? Is it a stock carb or swapped over to a keihin or something? Have you adjusted the idle screw at the carb (some mikuni's have the PITA locking nut and phillips head).

Re: Clutch, if it's the OE clutch cable l recommend a venhill featherlite teflon clutch cable and other's will recommend the motiopro terminator cable, as stated before you may need to measure out the length with an aftermarket perch lever setup.

Re: Cracking around the air boot: Shoe gue is you friend, best rubber sealant l've used.
    rockdancer likes this.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Its idling very nicely but I have the Mikuni carb screw right in and have the throttle adjuster out most of the way to get an idle. I can get a bit higher idle on top of carb cable adjuster but something doesn't seem right
    I ts not the carb - Ive tried a different one . Using the choke doesn't seem to change it much either . Its working ok but not sure why its idling so low

Fitted the Tubliss today - that was fun
    All good though - seems to be holding pressure :(
    new Bridgestone Battlecross x30 fitted
    Also fitted fork seal dust covers - always use these and haven't had seal issues

DSC_5063.JPG
    NCSteve likes this.
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Getting the jetting to work correctly while also getting the TMX to idle down quickly and to just idle acceptably - that is what ultimately made me throw the TMX in the garbage. You can get it to work, then the weather changes and you start all over... Total waste of time, unless a guy just likes to work on stuff. The TMX is awesome for WFO power. Never understood why it is used on a woods bike. Dumb.
    NCSteve likes this.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Tubliss gets a big :thumbsup: here. Had to top off the high side the 1st couple of rides, now it holds pressure and works great.
    Interesting tire choice for Tubliss. It looks huge and beefy in the pic, but it's a 110 isn't it? Can you measure it's actual width please? Interested in how low a pressure you can run without the tire rolling and wallowing in turns.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sounds like the wrong pilot jet. The air screw is typically backed out about 1 and 1/4 turn. One that is turned all the way in indicates too small a pilot jet. It should at least be able to be turned out 3/4 and achieve the correct idle. Also you should be able to get the correct idle with the idle adjustment screw. You should NEVER adjust the idle through the cable, because you should always have some cable slack, and about 3 mm free play in the throttle tube on the handle bar.
    Norman Foley and NCSteve like this.
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    2013 TE 511 Pegs Fit on my 2009 WR 250 no problem.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    "Sounds like the wrong pilot jet. The air screw is typically backed out about 1 and 1/4 turn. One that is turned all the way in indicates too small a pilot jet. It should at least be able to be turned out 3/4 and achieve the correct idle. Also you should be able to get the correct idle with the idle adjustment screw. You should NEVER adjust the idle through the cable, because you should always have some cable slack, and about 3 mm free play in the throttle tube on the handle bar."

thanks but I was talking about the idle screw adjustment being all the way in

Air screw has been around 1 1/2 to 2 /12
    (If I put it all the way in it would it dies which is normal )

Ive had big and small pilot jets in there , adjusted float , changed cable

I may try larger pilot again but it needs to start easy

I ve had to adjust cable to get idle high enough

Maybe the boot is leaking but it doesn't sound like its lean - just the opposite
  11. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Steve
    Bmw era was really only 449/511 models

Mine came off a 2008 TE 250 which would fit any model

They are a quality product and AUD$ is low . (I probably would'nt pay new price) They work well as they you don't lose some contact with pegs as your boot rotates

Do you get that tyre in the states ? Boogie and a lot of guys are running them here( some with Tubliss) - flavour of the month
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Heaps of guys rave on about tubliss setup..l still prefer the UHD Michie tubes.

Idle screw all the way in...wow that thing should be idling madly, have you pulled the carb off and stripped and cleaned? I recently did a top end and gave the carb a good bath and blow dry and now the idle screw actually works...gunna toss soon with a PWK off my 360:thumbsup:
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You can run 6 psi with tubes but risky and I like the idea of low psi and not carrying tubes and tools to fix on trail - just plug it up it that ever happens

Yes - I have tried two carbs very clean carbs but will check again and will also try my 39 mm RB designs mikuni that came off the 165

I tried two PWKs in the past and wasn't that happy with them - thats why I haven't jumped on the Lectron wagon

The bikes running very well apart from the low idle
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Even worse.
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Looks like the deformed Union or intake manifold was the culprit for the low idle speed
    It mustn't have allowed the motor to suck enough air through the idle circuit
    New genuine part from new distributor is a also lot stiffer than the old one - hopefully issue solved
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Who new distributor mate?
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The Perth based KTM mob
    Not Paul Feeney Group

Got a new base gasket which came from PFG - they still have some old parts in their shed
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Ahh yeah I thought u meant someone else had takèn over from them. Are they stocking much do u know?(cylinders, hubs, subframe or the like or jus basic stuff)
  19. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    No idea - but the dealer said they will have no issues getting parts

I don't know though as w hen I sold the 125 I was after a base gasket and there wasn't any in the country - so a 6 week ? wait

I used the .8mm gasket I had LOL - when I put it back to 125
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Guess well see! There's a new husky dealer down my way but havnt bn in yet.

Shoulda hit me up I have coupla spare base gaskets for both bikes!