1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 kit first impressions...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jun 12, 2010.

1. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great ride report Kelly. Quick question -- I am a bit familiar with the Trask area [althoug its been years]. I am more familiar with the Little Naches and, to a lesser extent, GP -- how do you anticipate the 144 to work up there? Seems like that is a bit more open than Trask -- just curious about your thoughts.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    You should wait for the 2011 CR 150 and then wipe the snot off the faces of all the whining, crying WR 125/150 owners who frantically try to convert their bikes to compete with the CR... as usual. :p
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You think we are actually going to get a CR150 in 2011?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rode it a bunch up at Gifford last year and loved it. Will like it more this year with the 144 and Clarke 3 gallon.
  5. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    It is really cool to see pictures of other peoples riding areas. Looks like fun, but who cut down all your trees?
    GP
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    lumber jacks :D This entire NW coast range is a massive tree farm.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    We better get one. It's time. :thumbsup:
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I think it would be easy enough to install the 144 kit on the Cr and keep for a while and when 2010 models ares are even cheaper
    upgrade and re- use 144 kit . ( I think a cr 144 08 would be a weapon)
    Thats what im thinking of doing as well

Its interesting that Kelly said about long hills - thats the only place the 125 lacks against bigger bikes so for this alone it would be good

Whats it like for the wheelies??
  9. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like the idea of upgrading the current 125 (I also have an '08 CR 125) and then swapping the 144 kit to a new '10 WR 125 when they get a bit cheaper. Hmmm...

Will Husky be bringing any '11 WR 125s? Or will they bring only the 150s? If there will someday be cheap '11 WR 125s, then I could wait another year and get the bigger '11 tank....

It's just so much fun to think about this stuff!
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fun.... it driving me nuts. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new 09 WR250 for 4,500.00 or do/should I get the 144 kit for the 08 Cr, or should thanks to Krieg (posting pics. and availability) just get an 2011 WR150. I am still stitting around the house with 5 broken ribs and a busted spleen can't even ride at this point but want something LOL. It is fun though dfeckel.
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jeez man...how did you bust yourself up? When did that happen?

12. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone have a ride comparison between the factory 144 and an Eric Gorr type of 144?

I am curious to know if there are any performance gains either way.

JS
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

fitness2go on May 30th at our MX track on my TXC 510. I was going up a step up and I think the rear tire hit a rut on the lip which put me and the bike on a very high side hard landing. The bike ended up with a scraped front fender; my buds said I broke it's fall with my side which broke me. Heck I don't even remember much about the helicopter ride out.
  14. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

How the heck did I miss that! I hope you get better soon. Damn MX tracks always do it...I broke my shoulder last August and it still f'n hurts.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks I appreciate it and I get better each day.
  16. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    John,

For the small investment, I would try the 144 kit on your 08 CR. It may be all that you desire. You won't really know if you don't try it... right. Worst case scenario is that you don't like it, then you can easily sell the 144 kit here in the classifieds. Someone will pick it up quick. Just my $0.02
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That makes perfect sence Matt and at this point I only have the $2,999.00 I paid for the bike new plus the $40.00 for used FMF fatty exhaust invested in my 125. This way I will have my 144 and just need to decide on the 09 WR250 or the 2011 TC 250. Thanks for your two pennies Matt.
  18. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone felt more vibration with the 144 kit installed? I enjoy my 09WR125 so much I don't want to change it but it sure is tempting to buy one of those 144's from Hall's and then I would have a choice between Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde!
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very slightly more. Hardly noticeable. In fact I don't notice it at all now. Very noticeable increase in power / ridability.
  20. Lucas Husqvarna
    B Class

hey motosportz........or anyone else who has one.
    can you tell me what kind of terrain you ride and what level?
    What did you do to the suspension for those conditions.

I currently have a 08 wr250 and iam looking for a new bike when mine sells..tough up here in canada ...ktm gets the fame husky gets the shame:banghead:

iam concered ill be killing this thing in the mountains.A few of the races have some serious hill climbs with ugly sections where you have to slow to first..paddle then get back on the throttle.I seam to ride with VERY little powerband/pipe......almost lug it all the time.
    iam going to ride poopy's but he still has the 125

does the 144/150 make it lug?

my other choices are the 250 or 300.........................and all my buddys.......(ktm'ers) tell me to buy a ktm300

i cant make up my mind......

i need to find a demo day.A dealer that actually lets you ride the bikes