1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 kit first impressions...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The more nasty and demanding the more I like the 144. Great hill climber. I am a upper B class, mid pack A class rider, been riding continuously for 30 years (I'm 45) and ride a lot. Love tight technical hill climbs, seek out the nasty stuff. No issues for me. Love that little bike.

[IMG]
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly, in one of your more recent videos with the 144 kit, it sounds like you took off the Dyno Ring. If so, why?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I did. Worked fine but was odd on a 125. When installed the 144 kit i wanted to do it with the stock clutch to get a baseline but might not be reinstalling it. Autoclutches engage early and this kinda zaps the power a little off the bottom. On a 125 thats not always a good thing. Worked fine, I liked it, but not sure is a 125 with an autoclutch is my thing. Walt and Joe and others love it so I know it is just a personal preference thing. Love it in Adams WR250.
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wonder if the Dyno Ring is characteristically different than a Rekluse or EFM auto clutch in feel and engagement.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope, feels about the same to me. Works like a good autoclutch. It is mechanically / functionally the same as well, centrifugal ball and ramp system. I'm not sure for me any autoclutch on a 125 would be what i want. Some love them for me, I need to flog the bike some and the standard clutch is useful. Additionally it is nearly impossible to stall the 125/144.
  6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

The simplicity is amazing and the ease of installment is even better! I really wanted to try your 144 with the Dyno Ring before you pulled it to see if a WR 150 could ever find it's way into my garage.
  7. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Doesn't the Dyna-Ring clutch still work in manual mode?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes but like all autoclutches does not feel the same as stock.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Absolutely do not let that stop you. the WR150 is a fantastic bike.
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

+++1 to what Kelly said. I have an EFM auto clutch in mine and it works absolutely perfect. I have had no problem with the early engagement and the one/two finger clutch with the left hand brake is very easy to use when you do need to hammer the clutch. I hopped back and forth between a "Dyna ring" and my efm auto clutch while I was in Boise. The initial engagement and low speed slipping of the Dyna ring is a little different than the EFM but over all they react very similarly. The Dyna ring actually seems to fluctuate rpms when slipping under load but the end result is the same. I found it a little easier to use the clutch to get over obstacles with the EFM but this might just be that it is easier to operate the efm auto clutch under load. :excuseme:

Walt
  11. Lucas Husqvarna
    B Class

:applause:
    thanks for the response..
    I ride the same terrain and the same class rider
    -A loop rider ......not that fastest or slowest

the tank size scares me but iam sure that will be solved soon with a ims/clark tank. as long as it makes 42km loop i would be fine anyway.just fill up on every lap.
    an excuse to take a break anyway:p

tell me more about the suspension set up ..your wieght revalve?

besides the motor whats the rest of the bike like.fit and finish wear etc.

i LOVE the price as well:applause:
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    suspension is good stock, great revalved. Does not need a lot. Mine has the twin chamber 50mm zokes. Some are not wild over these, I love them. Fit and finish is good to very good. Bike is stupid EZ to work on and needs little. Love the ergonomics, brakes are fantastic, It's a great bike from end to end. You have to kinda want to ride a 125/144, it's not a lazy guy bike. It's not hard or demanding just different. But if you are up for it it is hard to find a more fun and amazingly capable mount.

Hit expand and 720hd. Just a little trail ride clip and were tired from working trail but as you can see it gets it on fine and does not need to be on the pipe to boogie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-baI8z-Tj1A
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool video thanks for posting it up.
  14. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i took thge EFM out of my 144. to me the manual (with magura) clutch is way more fun. it also made side hills way easier since you can fully engage the clutch before the motors on the pipe=less wheel spin.

if i get a husky 144 ill definatly give a side my side comparo. to my EG.
  15. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

did they change any of the ignition on the 09 WR125s? or should that be aboutthe same setup as my 06?
  16. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

144 kit in 'da house for my '08 cr125! Hope to have it installed soon,with ride impression to follow...
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just got finished breaking mine in yesterday and the 144 on the 08 CR Husky is da BOMB! You gonna love it.
  18. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Man that's great to hear John,do you have the stock carb on yours? If so, can you recall your jetting specs?
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep stock carb. I'm located about 300-500' above SL and temps now around 55-75*. 380 main, 30 pilot (may go back and try the stock 35 in the morning), 3rd. clip down from the top stock needle, 1-1/2 turns out. Right now my 144 set up has a 218 PSI reading on a Snap On gauge so I'm running a 50/50 mix of 93 oct and 109.5 race fuel using Amsoil Dominator mixed at 40 to 1. This little bike flat out pulls. I love the smooth strong low end-mid range power. I can now ride in 2nd and 3rd gear easily where before in my woods trail up hill turns I had to be in first. AWESOME fun bike!!!
  20. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

218 psi ! I don't have close to that and I have had .3mm shaved off. I measured mine cold with a cheap guage but still that sounds high. Maybe I will need a new set of rings and a more expensive guage and try again. Are you using the stock width (.5mm I believe) gasket?