1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 kit first impressions...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jun 12, 2010.

1. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i should have never started reading this, now i want one and just got my new 09 450txc a couple weeks ago lol this 144 sounds like a pretty capable bike.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep NWRider stock (new) 5mm base gasket. When I checked with another gauge I have it was 200 PSI. Same day minutes apart so I think gauge brand may be a big part of mixed results/readings. My 144 pulls so smooth it feels electric now no bucking, no clutch, just smooth pull. I love it! Whiterocket LOL you sure shouldn't have! I sold my 09 TXC 510 beacuse my 125 was so much fun. It just would have happened sooner if I would have tasted the 144 coolaid. Don't know where you are located but if you or any other members are in central VA you are welcome to take a spin on the 144 anytime.
  3. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

central illinois were a lil far apart but thanks for the invite! i love the 450 and dont plan on gettin rid of it but i might start lookin for a husky 125 only thing is i got the new bike because i was sick of messin with fouled plugs and tryin to kickstart a bike that didnt want too on the old 2 stroke i have.
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have to say im in love with the torque on the 450 but the 144 just sound and looks in the video badass for plain fun factor
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hear ya, the power wheelies on the 510 was a blast. BTW my little 144 brings the front up in 1-4 gears. Knock on wood I picked up my 08 CR Husky new and have never fouled a plug or had a hard start ever. The little button on the TXC is sweet though!
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

granted the bike i have that keeps fouling plugs is a 94 hahaha and yes that little button has spoiled me
  7. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I think that we all need one small bore 2 stroke, and one big bore, estart, 4 stroke. :)
    colemanapp likes this.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

totally agree with that, the 250 is too much for this guy but i think this 125-200cc size might just be the ticket so the search goes on for a bargin priced 1
    125 bike lol
  9. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

How will these bikes handle technical single trail soft dunes, which is what I ride? The other 125's blow the big ends and the 250F's cook.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've had my 144 in some soft 4-6" sand trails and it eats it up. Before in 125 trim I had to slip the clutch and keep the rpms up; kinda stay on top if you will. Every time I ride my 144 now I'm shocked at the difference a few cc's, PV mod, and head re-do provides.
  11. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

I almost let go of my '08 cr this year...but decided to go with the oem 144 kit,and power valve mods done by Walt.Also sent suspension in to Scott Rocher for a enduro engineering tune up!
    Won't get the 144 kit installed for next weeks ride in Upper Michigan,(4 solid days of single track)but will have it ready to go for our opener in the hare scramble/cross country series(Ontario)starting in May!
    For me it's hard to beat reliability/performance/and cost of ownership...also a wealth of information to be found from all the great members of CH!