1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 v 250f

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by skid, Jul 14, 2010.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The 150 may have slightly more top end hp or about the same but not as much torque obviously - less weight though
  3. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

T one I pulled the clutch out and most of the fibers were at their wear limit and a few of the steals were blued. On advice of a long time mechanic I put a new clutch in it. Definitly made a difference. New top end did not hurt either.

I'm still on the fence on a 144 v 250f. My 08 144 was an experiment the sussy still ain't right.wish i sent it to drew .. bet he would have got it right the first time. I'm going to race Unadilla this weekend and then send the sussy off to Fc one more time. If the sussy was dialed and I knew I could rock a 144 I would most likely get an 09 or 10 for the new frame and make it a plated woods bike and mx the 08. But the jury is still out ...

I've test rode a lot of bikes this summer 09 gasser 200, 300. 2010 gasser 250f and 250 2t, 2010 beta 520 The gasser 300, 250 2t, 250f and beta all in one day. A fair amount of time on my buds 08 ktm 200, and a 1/2 hour on a ktm 350sx. (In woods trim that bike is going to be a market killer) I always considered myself a closet 4t rider .. but after my multibike test day I got on my 144 and rode the same test track and was surprised to find out the little 2t was easier and faster and of course more fun. If I had to pick a bike to have at the end of that day it was the 144. I was kind of like "damn maybe I got the 4t thing out of my system"

I was at the stateline harescramble in hoosick NY this weekend. I was watching the A & B Class in the afternoon go through a certain turn. I noticed that all the 4t guys came through and got on the gas and the bikes just hooked up and went forward. Most of the 2t guys had wheel spin etc etc. less shifting going on with the 4t guys too. This got me to thinking ... if you get nice clean traction out of most if not all corners how much time does that add up to over a lap?? a fraction of a second each turn ... you could be up a couple of minutes at the end of a 7 mile lap. watching those guys accelerate out of that turn ... it looked like the 4t guys had a definite advantage. This of course got me from not even thinking about a 250f to back to wondering what if again ... traction v. weight I guess ...
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have been riding my 94 WXC250 because I like it and it has a big tank for long summer rides. I have also been riding my new to me 86 WR400 and my ATK490. So I have been riding bigger more powerful bikes lately. Well I got my IMS tank for the WR the other day so I slapped it on for this last weekend which turning into a long fast ride. Right at first the 144 felt odd, no power and loose, several miles in I started to remember how to ride it. Then i dialed the suspension a little and... fell in love again. Big motors are cool but the fun factor and handling is on another level. I did just fine in a fast group of 250/450/510's Pecking order remained the same. I'm not any faster on the 125, they are all trade offs. BUT, i have way more fun on the 144 than any bike. the way you can toss it around, how it stops, the stupid stuff you can get away with, pinning it etc.

F U N

For racing woods i think you would surprise a lot of people. You get less tired from dealing with to much power and weight and trade that for much less upper body work and amazing nimbleness. They will get you in sections and you will get them in sections. Overall you will have more fun, be less tired and be able to say "I beat you on a 125"
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'd like to ride a 150 Husky ... maybe in a few years I can find and buy a not so used one :) .. think it will fit very good here on the trails and tracks ....
  6. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155

I feel the same way, just ran an enduro the other weekend, they opened it up some to draw the hare scramblers in. I was passing people in the tight left and right, just pressure them till they made a mistake or fell. Most of these passes were on 250/300 2t's and 450's. I can hang with them in the open too, I just don't like too, full time school/work and no insurance= risk assessment.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350