1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 pipe thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Mar 27, 2012.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow that is a huge difference.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Dynoport can't do them? Walt, you may have to polish up on your chinese.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'll talk to Rich, if the FMF deal doesn't come to fruition.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

FMF WILL COME THRU I will post the results of my conversation on monday
    MattR, Motosportz and Norman Foley like this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you.
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

What about a KDX pipe?
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Mark,

I tried one and it was awful. Worst pipe combination that I mated up to the 165. A bit of bottom, then flat, and finally wouldn't rev above 8000 rpm. I thought the power valve linkage had come loose. Bolted the 200 fatty back up and off I ripped. The port timing and configuration must be very different.
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    If you run into a dead end again. You might try making a call to SLP, Starting Line Products. They are big on Snow Mobiles and I think they make their own pipes. Maybe they would share their source, who makes them for them?

Just a thought.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Update:

It appears we have a deal and will be receiving pipes for those I have talked to on April 9th. I will actually believe it when I get them. Still don't know what I am paying but at this point I don't care as long as I can get everyone that wants the pipe a pipe. Have the welder lined up and will ship asap once they are done. I think I see a foggy light at the end of the tunnel.

I am not telling anyone to hold their breath, but maybe you can at least plan on the size of the scuba tank.
    typeone likes this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good deal just let me know the price and I'll get payment to you right away. Thanks Walt.
  11. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Awesome! Keep us posted! Good work Walt!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great work. So FMF is making a pipe to send you without the opening and brackets? I thought they would just build the pipe to spec? Which is it?
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

They aren't building it to spec. They will be selling us the parts and we will have to weld them into place. Not ideal at all but it took moving heaven and earth to just get that done. As time goes and if demand is there long term, then I would think we can get someone to produce the pipe as a finished bolt on piece. Let me know how you like the PC pipe as soon as you get it tested.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It must be nice to have a business like FMF that can make customers kiss their a$$es to spend money there.......rant off. Thanks Walt I appreciate what you have to do for us I know I couldn't do it.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well that kinda sucks. How hard would it be for them to just do it as they make the 125 and 200 pipes already. Just put the 125 head pipe and hanger on the 200 pipe. Whatever. Good on you and Ajax getting that rolling though.

Yes will be testing soon but right now conditions are not ideal...

[IMG]
    dartyppyt likes this.
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Come on guys DO NOT get me introuble with FMF I have been working with them for some time and have worked out a deal.Had to work with many departments to finally set it all up Come on they are helping us out and doing something on a small scale for a big world wide company .
    Here is what they are doing i am going to purchase 25 KTM pipes and then FMF is going to sell me 25 Husky ends,both mounting brakets and stingers for a Husky.I will then pick up the pipes and ship them to Walt This first run took some time but i beleive the next run will be easier and faster to get done.
    Walt has a welder and a gig all set up and you guys should beable to purchase a special pipe made to work on a Husky for close to what a regular fatty sells for retail What more do you want
    That is a good deal for a special made to fit small production part THAT YOU MUST HAVE to make this 165 work the best.I was told that I could pick up the first run of product on monday April 9th
    Think of it like fine wine it take time to get it right
    So post away but be nice to FMF they have the the best part out there and are really doing something
    special for us.Most companies would not like the idea of someone changing there product there main pipe builder talked to me direct and was on board for this.He then had to work with many dept to get this project thru, so far everyone at FMF is on board
    Will keep you posted and will report when i have the first batch in my delivery truck
    John
    Slowpoke, MattR, 454x and 1 other person like this.
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks John! You are the man. I guess I am as guilty as anyone for being impatient. I just want everyone to have everything yesterday. ;) If I went back to a far earlier thread and post you would see I was saying March/April for the pipe connection.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorry John I'm not very PC so I'm just glad you and Walt are doing the leg work for all of us. Not trying to get you in any trouble with FMF, heck I'm running their Fatty and PC2 on the bike now. Thank you for your help very much appreciated.
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Just hang in there guys, I have been lurking around here and it may seem like progress is slow, but things are coming together nicely. IMO
    NOW, IF I COULD ONLY HURRY UP AND GET A DAMNED, USED 125.... :)
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think i sniped the last one in Oregon last week. :D