1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 167 kit... can hurt people apparently...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn! Weren't you just recovering from something else?

David

2. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
  3. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt really sorry to hear that. Make sure you shave your shoulder,chest and back before you Duct tape yourself back together. Hurts worse getting it off if you don't. Hold off on the new tire before the weekend doesn't sound like traction was the problem.

Going in for some back surgery tomorrow found a surgeon who knows what to do. It's hard to find one that knows and just doesn't practice medicine.
    Later George
  4. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Wow! Sorry to hear about the crash. Hope you recover quickly.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Take care George. Best of luck. :)
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks guys. I had fractured my wrist in December.

George,

My thoughts are with you. At least mine will definitely heal, backs are very tricky stuff. And yes giving yourself a bikini wax with duct tape is a tough way to go...Now that anyone that reads this is gagging on the visual, I will check out. Time to Ice again, I love ice, best pain killer there is.

Walt
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Get better Walt! I just took a header the other day and landed on my shoulder.... Just badly bruised, so I'm lucky. I'm am also icing as I type. :busted:

George, good luck with the surgery and I'll talk to you soon.:thumbsup:
  8. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Geez Walt , sorry to hear about that... and George good luck with the Surgery...
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Too freggin' bad on the crash ... get well soon ... I usually wear my chest protector for the shoulder protection if nothing else but to protect my shoulders ...

My last shoulder crash was 5 months ago and it still hurts ... Not broke or anything, just old age :) ... I really try to limit the crashes now on each ride ... both big and small ...
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I broke my shoulder last August and it still hurts...the range of motion is still out of whack...I think I did something to my rotator cuff. These damn bikes are so much fun, but are very dangerous at the same time. A couple weeks ago I went over the bars, but on the way over I took a very punishing bar to the gut. A couple of months ago I cracked a rib. At the desert 100 I swapped out over some sandy whoops and took a digger with my head. A month before that I went off a trail and hit a tree with my left hand guard that sent me flying into a branch that invaded my nostril. I stopped telling my mom about these things because she was really getting worried.

Get better guys and let's try to keep the rubber side down (me especially)!
  11. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Sorry to hear of your injury Walt, just when you were having so much fun.
    I am doing my best to hold my speed down after my injury a year and a half ago, these bikes are not that much fun if you can't ride them. I realise that you can get hurt going any speed though.
    GP
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Level 3 seperation of right ACL mothers day 09. Still aches but had no surgery. Worst pain in my life! Worse than getting blown up/shot for sure. 10 miles riding back to home was like almost as much pain as riding a KTM healthy for the same distance!

Get well soon all you other old farts.
    Remember.....when the going gets tough....the tough ride Huskys!
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dang Walt sorry to hear about your crash. I am recovering from 5 broken ribs, busted spleen, cut liver, and concussion myself so I feel for ya. I wish you a speedy recovery. Good Luck to you too George.
  14. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CR250R, Montesa 315R, XR650R..
    Sorry about the crash, heal up quick!
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Crap. Heal quick Walt and George. :cheers:

Walt, seems to need to sleeve it down not make it faster. Maybe George can make you up a 95cc kit or something. :D
  16. rajobigguy Administrator

Prayers be with you both.
    I can really relate to both types of injurires.
    Walt :
    If the doctor suggests surgury for the shoulder I would go ahead and have it done. My right shoulder has been dislocated so many times that a good tug will pop it out the socket at this point. The last separation was two years ago and it has never really been right since.
    George:
    Best of luck on the surgury. If memory serves me correctly you and I suffer from a similar problem so if you really have found someone that knows what their doing I may need you to introduce me.
  17. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Yikes, sorry to hear the news. I guess we can officially close this thread, Monster 167 tries to kill it's owner! 144cc proven to be the upper limit of safety.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Says the dude with an AF CR500.
  19. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well that was easy like changing a piston on a aircooled 2 stroke. Looks like 2-3 weeks for the stitches to desolve. No lifting,rotating or bending, puts a damper on just about everything I have to do. Didn't think this one thru.
    Just waiting for the deadners to wear off have the Vicodan,Tequilla handy.
    Went for option #1 just local pain killer, Damn they have some long needles 600 main jets in them.
    Kinda cool 5 Nurses all doing there thing Dr. busy doing his procedures lots of stuff going on. Had the full I-Beat setup, wired to the max,wires everywhere, leg pump things that enflate back and forth on full auto along with BP inflater on full auto also. Can't feel any pain only movement you can only picture in your mind whats happening thru what think you feel.
    Not that would want to do it again but if had to Option #1 is my choice much better than going totally under.
    Ok Walt bets on I ride before you do.
    Later George
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks for letting us know George :thumbsup:

:cheers: