1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 167 kit... can hurt people apparently...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Jun 23, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Racemx904,

Thanks for chiming in. As you can see it will survive even when you rev the snot out of it which is kind of counter to what I want.

Woodschick,

I wouldn't be surprised if the 167 top end didn't just arrange to have me spit off because I wasn't worthy. :busted:

rpmguy,

If I had the Mikuni on the bike, it would be because it was for sale. :lol:

Walt
  2. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Just messing with ya, I just dont see why everyone takes off the mikuni. My Cr with a mikuni will hang with all the guys I ride with, and Im on the smallest bike. Jetting does take some time, but you sure can fine tune the mikuni. What pipe did you put on the 167?
    Later
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Maybe they put a version of the Asch pipe on it? Ask George, he's got a lot of stories ......;)
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

RPMGuy,

It wasn't that the TMXX was un-jettable, it was just so finicky and inconsistant. It also does not work as well on the bottom circuits. The lack of available needles kind of is the last nail in the coffin.

I am currently just running the stock pipe. I will be trying my fmf fatty once I get it re-fitted. I was blowing out a major crush in the head pipe and it moved farther than would allow it to fit. I hit a hidden rock that busted the P3 guard and flattened the pipe. I watched it on video numerous times and it just looks like a small shrub on the edge of the trail. I was avoiding an even bigger rock on the other side. :lol:

I am eagerly awaiting reports on the FMF Fatty for the 150.

Walt
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Dunno how I missed this thread... Heal up quick Walt and George!
  6. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

160.25 gr on the 125 piston, 220.40 gr on the 167 piston. Largest % of weight is in the longer pin. Didn't make it shake anymore noticeable so never found the need to rebalance anything. The old 360,400,450,500 were the rolling paint mixers. Have a great 4th could be one of the last ones to celebrate.
    Later George
  7. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

wallybean, stock pipe? These things need pipes. I opened my 08 cr125 from the crate and put the doma on before first start I was offered $300 for my DOMA, so I went home a took it off and put on the stock pipe. Took a ride up the street, then pulled back in garage and put the doma back on. went and told buddy Im backing out of the deal.

I weigh 220lbs and could never ride a stock piped 125, what a difference in the lowmid to high on the bike. The very very low still will bog, but it is a 125. I just slip the tire or clutch and get in the meat.

Have you ever tried a doma?
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The pipe issue has been well addressed. If I could find a Doma, I would own it. I changed to an FMF Fatty and it definitely helps the bottom/mid. The only reason I have the stock pipe on is to re-align the fatty after blowing out a completely crushed head pipe. I just have to find a way to get the bike to the shop so I can tweak and try in slow increments.

There are a couple of pipes I wish were imported...Doma, HGS,,,? The bill to bring these in from Europe is quite a bit more than the $300 you turned down. :thumbsdown: I am always checking fleabay for one of the doma's to show up.

Walt
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I didn't really notice much more in the way of extra vibration. But then I don't notice my WR360 until some one points out the vibration. :lol:

Thanks Krieg,
    Walt
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

so I have a 2010 TE250 and am waiting for the CDI to come back from being re-flashed and drew has my suspension right now,once I get it back,and set it up for racing the next few races I will be tearing into my spare bike.

I own joe chods old 2007 wr125 and it has an EG 144 kit on it,which runs fine,but I really want to try out the 167 kit on it and possibly use it on a newer model if I decide to upgrade to a newer model,my question is,will the 07 cylinder be ok for the kit if I send it out to george? whats the turn around without obvious shipping back and forth.

I also have been running the stock long euro pipe and stock husky pipe,while its very quiet and makes plenty of power,i crunched the headpipe at our last enduro, it can be blown out unless the stocker is double walled,I have a couple extra pipes for older models(98-03? stamped on both extra pipes) a pro circuit pipe and a dyno port pipe,which would be a better pipe for the 144/167?
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Fury,

The 07 is the last year that both the CR and WR use the same cylinder which is the one that George has been boring out for the 167 since 98 I believe. Should be a straight forward kit for you. When he says to break it in easy for at least 2 or 3 tankfulls of gas heed his advice. The Mahle piston is a very sweet and "Hard" forging and takes time to stress relieve and wear to match the cylinder. I can't advise you on which pipe would be best for the 167. I would think you want a pipe that is going to enhance the 167's potent bottom/mid.

As far as turn around, I think George will work with you on that. I had no immediate need for the kit and had George get to it when he wasn't swamped with other stuff. The best thing to do is to call George and discuss the project with him. He always answers the phone himself and is great to talk to. George has already forgotten more about dirt bikes and their engines than I will ever learn.

Walt
  12. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

damnit walt!

now im on pins and needles waiting to see how things turn out!

on a side note, took the auto clutch off the 144 for the 1st time this weekend. makes the bike WAY more fun to ride. going to play with the PV springs during the week and see how i like things after that!