1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1995 WR 360 big consumption

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dan.c., Apr 16, 2011.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    All seriousness, l spent the better part of 2 years and a full engine rebuild trying to get the dellorto sorted on 360 with no luck as they are a very temperamental carb susceptible to slight temperature and altitude changes...at the end of it the issue was age as l had worn a pinion where the butterfly valve opens and close causing airleaks as well as the throttle body was worn causing the slides to rattle sideways and stick.

Honestly, do yourself a favour, ring up bike wrecker and find a keihin carb from a KTM300/250 even 125 or KX125 or 250..even a pj carb of a RMX, heck you could even get a TMX from another husky or Honda CR would be better than an outdated dellorto.
  2. dan.c. Husqvarna

Ok. I'll do that. Thank you all.
  3. dan.c. Husqvarna

I found a stock Mikuni TM in my country. The price is around 50$. The guy said is perfectly working.
    What do you think? Will it be a considerably improvement to swap to this carb?

SAM_0027.JPG
    SAM_0026.JPG
    SAM_0025.JPG
    SAM_0024.JPG
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    If that is a TM38mm (check the carb body for a part number and reference the mikuni site or google it), then that is the carb that came standard from 1996 onwards Wr360's which the many of this list will have experience with that make of carb (TM and TMX), so your knowledge base just grew at a cost of $50.

In terms of the the carb, I would thoroughly clean the unit up and check for wear signs on the slide, throttle body, needle etc..spray carby cleaner through all the venturi's and with an air gun, insure that the passages aren't blocked in anyway.

I don't have much experience with Mikuni's but l hear getting the correct float level on these carb's are more critical than Keihins....l could be wrong!