1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke Oil

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bhc357, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Yep, he gets an A+

I have a new 5g jug of C-12, I'm going to try 30:1 this weekend and see what happenns.

I think one of the problems with the WR300 is that it has no thermostat, I have the water temp sensor in the outlet of the right radiator where the water flows back into the head and no matter how hot it is it rarely goes past 175 degrees, I did manage to get it to 230 last weekend in some gnarly clutch slipping single track. I think the motor runs too cool. I noticed the '11's have a thermostat. Wonder if a retrofit might be possible.........
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    :confused:

spooge- means yer muffler packing is saturated and needs replacement. if you try and judge your jetting or oil mix ratio by this you are looking at the wrong end people! spooge has nothing to do with anything other than it is what it is and is part of the process of a two-cyle engine, how it works and a lot of other factors- no two of which are alike!

never adjust a state of tune by the amount of spooge coming from your tail pipe. EVER!!!
    how wrong is that????!!!

read the plug, instead. not the muffler!

oil- use the correct ratio as specified by the maker of said oil. most oils work on a pretty broad range of ratios, some do not!

it is up to the opperator to jet his bike for the given conditions. there is no one magic ratio for all oils or all bikes. i've used Amsoil at 95:1 w/o any issues on some overnight death-march rides where i never saw 4th gear for hours. A LOT. not one issue either.

the oil's primary function is to lube the crankshaft. so get it right and it dont take lot.
    the fuel also lubes the the piston, a LOT. way more than you think! oil is WAY over-rated. Want proof?
    i've built stand-mules (engines) that use WATER to lubricate them- not one drop of oil. and they ran and ran and ran for hours on a stand. guess what- keep the crankcase full of cold water and it'll go and go. and itll never sludge up! the main reason oil is used is for corrosion protection and it dont cook off under heat like water can. all you need is a viscous liquid in a 4-stroke of any type to prove this, as your crank/bearings are protected by the fact it is imcompressable. not because it's slippery. but i digress....

using evan a little too much oil in a two-cycle causes carbon and varnish. same will cause a two-cyle engine to peter out WAY faster than accelerated wear from normal oil/fuel ratios. using a lot causes big problems and even seizures!

burning ANY oil causes ash, carbon and varnish. burn as little of it as you can while striking a balance. gasoline today burns butt-clean, almost zero carbon with the correct stoichiometric ratio and................ produces 1/10,000,000,000 the carbon ANY oil does.

the more oil causes a better seal thigny/more power? wrong. dyno's dont prove jack when the jetting is wrong either. and, it aint even close to riding conditions. in fact- more oil = more parasitic drag = LESS power. the need for higher oil/gas ratios are for WFO racing only, like road racing, and, todays hi-tech oils are light years ahead of the junk we used to HAVE to run.

burning more FUEL at the correct stoichiometric ratio produces WAY more power than any OIL will. why? higher pre-detonation energy yeild/density ratio per gallon. burning more oil creates pollution and deposits (coked pies, ex ports and valves, piston crowns, stuck rings, carbon scoring in clyinders). not power.

the engine is a gasoline engine, not an oiloline engine. :busted:

if you run a "residule" "puddle" of any consequense in the crank case the engine will die or hydrolock when you whack it open. period. end of story there. the residue you see on teardown is just that, residue! the internals are lubed by a "fog" or mist, not by splash from standing oil from a sump.

i respectfully and humbly disagree w/ most of hammer's post (sorry man!) & with the more oil is better theory because that's what it is, a theory, not fact, esp when trail riding and for 99% of given normal useage.......... and i aint the only one nor the final word on this.

sorry guys and take some xtra plugs on the trail if ya wanna go oil-rich!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    use MC oil why reinvent the wheel. All the r&d is done and all the major brands are good.
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
  5. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Motul 710, used the 800 in the race boats where we ran mostly wide open for 30 - 50 laps at a time. 710 seems to work fine in the bikes.
    Ratios can be misleading depending on the thickness of the oil, Motul 800 is very thick, some other brands seem pretty diluted.
    GP
  6. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    From Motuls website

800 2T premix Ratio :
    For off road applications, we recommend to use Motul 800 2T Factory Line OFF ROAD in premix at 2% (50:1).
    For road racing applications, we recommend to use 800 2T Factory Line ROAD RACING in premix at 3,33% (30:1).
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    http://www.maximausa.com/tech-tips/oil-migration.php

:cool:

:cool:

BTW- I use Motul 710 2T, 50:1 in my 125 and i beat on it w/ Thor's hammer.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :D Modern synthetics.:thumbsup:
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    red sticker season's up, i'm comin' down fer them beers ya owe me soon, shuger.