1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Strokes in Cycle News

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Jul 20, 2010.

1. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I didn't clarify, I was referring specifically to the new no-battery fuel injected bikes and whether or not they need a first kick to generate enough power to spray fuel and generate a spark. I do know some of the digital ignitions don't spark until their second revolution which can be a pain in the butt on the big-bore bikes where it's hard to kick twice quickly or kick powerfully enough to make the engine turn over twice. It was a big problem with the aftermarket ignition Service Honda was selling for the CR500s. It was supposed to make starting easier but due to not generating spark until the second revolution it made starting much harder. Oops.
  2. DrZero Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok. I knew I was missing something, now I get it.
    S&S Cycle, makers of Harley Hi Performance Engines had the same problem with their bikes when they created a new Electronic Ignition system to replace the old mechanical ones. Didn't work with kickers (and they hadn't figured this out before putting them in the field). Now they have a specail one that does.

I like the safety factor of batterlyless kick-start bikes for deep desert adventrures.
  3. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
  4. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155