1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2008 wr250 water jacket issues

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sooper_arthur, Jul 11, 2009.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I am the biggest cement-head here as I actually saw the jug and didnt really know what he was talking about. I was looking at the wrong spot altogether. I thought he was on crack. Apparently I better get a drug test done.

I had a long chat with Jeff @ Halls about it and he didnt think anything was wrong with it either.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    sooper arthur,I just did your rad hose/water pump test.I got about a 1/2 oz. of coolant.The bike has 45 hrs on it and has experienced minor overheating issues just a couple of times,very tight conditions with not much air flow.I figured I had just thrashed the engine a bit much.My dealer(is awesome) is on vacation .I'm sure he'll take care of it.Guess I'll pull the jug Sunday instead of riding.I can't believe it hasn't blown up.
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ah,...I didn't even have the heart to tell you this after the great tip you laid on me about the casting lines that even became a sticky thread,...but after drying everything off good and dusting the whole area with baby powder, it doesn't appear to be leaking from the hose/nipple connection this time Krieg. The drip now forms right under the rear water pump cover mounting bolt. Jeff@Halls sent me a new O-ring, but I just haven't gotten around to pulling the pump cover off yet. You can imagine how much I'm hoping the O-ring just got pinched during factory assembly,...or left out altogether. The pump cover doesn't appear to be cracked anywhere, or gapped away from the mating surface any.
    I know you cautioned me to be careful with the O-ring on re-assembly, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's all it is. But with my luck it could still all turn to crap and be something like a crack inside the case cavity that's leaking into the bolt hole or something.
    I'll let you know as soon as I get some free time, and the guts to pull the cover off and look under there.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    If you drain the coolant and pull the head, the cylinder water jacket should be empty, too. If there's water standing in it, like in sooper's vid, then you have the same problem.

I got to thinking about mine, and when I pulled it apart the other day the water jacket emptied via the pump drain, so it should be alright.
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    No prob man! If it turns out to be the O-ring that's a heck of a lot less work than filing the nipple. Hope things work out! :thumbsup:
  6. sadie Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey Scotty R i have an 09 300wr and am looking for a extra cyl ? any parts ? also looking for 2000, 2001 ignition, black box and hareness?
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry I am not much help.