2009 Full Power Kit

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Magile, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

power up

ok here are the last ones

Attached Files:

2. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

power up

In order to read them just keep clicking to enlarge.
  3. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I haven't seen an FI'ed HSQ yet that didn't need tweaking of the TPS adjustment or feedback setting in stock trim at the break-in interval let alone one with the power-up kit installed. It's a 99% probability that you'll need it tweaked with the IBeat upon PUp kit installation.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I tossed some of this thread into the Tech Ref section so we can find it easily :thumbsup:

Do these bits & pieces come with the 2009 bikes?

If so which ones?

Since the SMs cannot (easily) have the cat removed do they come with these bits & pieces?

Could an SM be powered up using a different slip on muffler?

?
  5. ah_huat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dear all i have just collected my TE310 and i have the power up kit that came with the bike but without the map/switch does the Kit come with it? thanks

Matthew
  6. paramedicmeyer Husqvarna
    B Class

The map switch is optional equipment and does not come with the kit. The kit should come w/ the manual, o2 sensor plug, o2 sensor gasket, the air filter basket, and the racing back light unit. Do the switch as soon as possible, it will run like a whole different bike!!
  7. ah_huat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Mate will do it after i have run in the bike
  8. seanoj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just ordered the switch from Halls (along with some spare key blanks, air & oil filters as well as the shop manual). Will be in stock (and sent to me) sometime next week. Looking forward to doing the whole power-up thing then. Just need to put another hour or two of break-in between now and then...
  9. Dinosaur Husqvarna
    A Class

Power-up kit PDF

I happened upon this thread after doing some research on the subject and I noticed the scans of each page.

Well, I figured they would be easier read and print if they were in PDF format so here it is.

View attachment 2890

Attached Files:

10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    nice work :thumbsup:
  11. markos Husqvarna
    C Class

i have a 2009 sm510 is it hard to get the cat out like you were saying ? what steps should i do to get the full " power up" should i wait the 6 month befor i do it cause it voids warrenty? thanks markos@shaw.ca
  12. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    SM's have a "permanent' cat in the pipe- doesn't come out like the TE's- that's why you are having a hard time- Might as well wait the 6-months cause you'll have to buy a muffler to truely go full power up- and halfway wont be very benifitial at all.
  13. markos Husqvarna
    C Class

if i make my own muffler like in the posts here on the sight will it be pretty much the same as buying one? im pretty handy and wont have a hard time stripping down the stock one.. also what companies make the muffler i need for the true power up. will i need to use a powercommander to make it run well or will the factory power up be good enough thanks soo much
  14. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Well, First I have no experience with the sm's- but am somewhat of a librarian on the forums and read alot. When I read that How to on cutting up the stock sm exhaust to take out the cat- I didn't get the idea that the guy that did it was overly happy with the results. So if I was in your situation I would concider that. Check out this thread::::
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11145
    To me that's a reasonable solution- You have options for bolt on aftermarket from Akropovic Leo Vince.

I don't understand the SM Power UP- from the standpoint of what Husky concidered full Power-up mode- going by the instructions you may guess you do NOTHING with the exhaust- but that does not make sence since the cats are in and would in theory get filled with carbon from a rich mixture. Maybe they offer a "power up pipe" like the 2008's.

Personally- I'd convert to the TE Single exhaust like MXrider did- I am not sure but if you got the stock TE mid Pipe it would fit exactly like the TE does and you''d be able to use the exhaust spring rather than safetly wire to hold the joints together. The weight savings sounds immense: 18 pounds stock(between both) to 5.5 with the fmf.

Fueling- Technicaly- in theory once you "power up" the mods are supposed to work with the Power up map- if you don't do exactly as intended you may have to make some adjustments. You may have to no matter what though- this can be done with the I/beat or with The PCV. I recently started working with the I/beat and it has resolved my issues and I have no need for a PCV. I am in Power up mode on my 09TE450 and modded an incert to pass 96db sound tests- so my fueling requirements became unique- this resulted in some poor running in some technical situations- I resolved it by changing Co settings with the Ibeat.

Maybe some SM guys can verify or pass on better info-
    Best of luck:thumbsup:
  15. markos Husqvarna
    C Class

so i should buy an fmf and just bolt that on when i am ready to do the power up? that will bypass the cat and all problems solved?
  16. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Yea, That would do it, the cat would be gone then- eliminated. There are many ways to do all this. You could buy a LEO VINCE' dual system little costly at over $1500- there are pipes out there for your bike that eliminate the cat- you could buy a Arrow, akopovic, fmf. I have seen a Dual FMF system on an SM.

I just like the single exhaust with the weight savings and $ savings like MXrider did. I believe also that if you buy the stock 09-10 TE midpipe- you could put any exhaust for a 09-10 TE behind it with all the stock hardware. MXrider made that cut in the exhaust pipe to use the stock SM midpipe rather than buy the midpipe I am guessing. I would call Halls Husqvarna or a good dealer to verify and purchase.
  17. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Are this thing work in sm510r 2010 model
  18. ggalex Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE350
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ450, Bultaco Alpina 350, Suz GT380
    Single PDF of install instructions

Put all together for ease, 1MB download.

GGAlex

Attached Files:

19. rafax Husqvarna
    C Class

Can anyone download it properly?
    I get the Adobe Reader Error.
  20. Brrrrp Husqvarna

I have the same error...

is it an issue since i am a new user?

thanks