1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010/11 125/150 Suspension Spring rates

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Vinduro, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just put a 5.8kg spring on my shock. STILL TOO LIGHT. I am getting 25mm static and 104mm rider sag. I am looking for 30-40mm static (35mm ideally) and approx 100mm rider sag. That would be about normal for a 295mm travel rear suspension. I guess I will be ordering a 6.0kg . This thing must have a linkage off a Honda XR Once again , I weigh 180-185lbs naked.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Good luck Dwight. :thumbsup:

We were having a discussion the other day about Halls and their suspension service, but no one spoke up that had used hallls as I recall.

If I find the thread again I might send you a link so you could give your input. :)
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you sure you can get 35mm on such a light bike. This is not an XR! If you take off all the preload except a few mm do you even get the static sag you want then?

I just went by how much I had to preload the spring to get correct sag. I am 195 and I needed about 12mm to get 105mm sag. I think this is about right but I am no suspension expert.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am wondering if I might need .38kg fork springs instead of .40kg . I have .42kg and although the action and valving is good the front end washed out several times as the front wouldn't settle into the corner and stay planted. .42kg is very heavy. I ran .42kg springs on my 530EXC KTM. This bike is 50lbs lighter. Still want more static sag in rear also.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OH, Does anyone have a Headlight unit for a 2009-2011 Husky they would like to part with ? My front end washed out once and I tapped a tree and smashed mine.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If you are looking for a headlight then you may want to ask in the classifieds, especially if you just want a stock unit. Most people that are into buying/selling view those and not these threads.

Or if you have something special in mind you might want to check out motosportz and other places.
  8. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Attached Files:

9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They don't offer this part in the USA. Sad.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    There is always that trail tech light ... I have had very good luck with mine ...Very easy to put on and off and I removed it many many times without issue .... I broke off the switch to turn it off and on so it has been on for about 250 hrs in a row without a burnt bulb yet .... It did get a holding strap broke by an a-hole who almost jumped on top of me, so I zip tied it back together and have never looked back ... I do some MX tracking with it also and no problems ...
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Call Eric Russell at A Vicious Cycle in New Dundee ON. That's where I sourced mine from.
    http://www.aviciouscycle.ca/

He ships to the US all the time..
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Any chance you could give your input on this thread? It would help someone out trying to decide if Halls is a good place to get suspension work done. :)

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14980
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Post your sag rates front/rear when you are done.
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hall's is sending me the same fork springs they sent earlier and a 6.0kg shock spring. Jay says that is what he uses. He cuts down the preload spacers under the springs. I will have to cut the spacer down 30mm+ . I may cut it down 35mm. Actually I plan on getting some PVC pipe and making new ones.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have used Halls for suspension work abit over the years and have had pretty good luck. My wr 125 got revalved to stiff but was more or less my fault beause of what I told Jay I wanted. My 150 he revalved ROCKED!! Testimony by my 11th overall out of 158 riders and amy 12th overall out of about the same! The fork still mfelt like it could use a .40 spring by just a tish. But I am pretty fast but like my bikes KDX soft. Anything that wasn't right they have always made right! I thought ALL 09 125,s had the twin chamber fork, am I wrong??
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Vinduro, are you measuring the front sag with the rider on board?