2010 Model Information Preview

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    There is a lot of room in the frame but the new 250 motor can't possibly go out to 450/510 without a redesign. It really is too compact to get a 450/510 crank in the cases and it was never designed to go to large capacity. The existing twin cam engine is ideal as a 510 but oversize and overengineered for a 250, this is why all the investment has been put into developing a cutting edge 250. This is effectively the end of the modular 'one engine design suits all classes' approach for Husqvarna.

The 2010 TC/TE250 frame is very similar to the 09 CR/WR125. The larger tank option for the 250 should therefore fit the 125s which will mean there are then large tank options for all bikes in the range.

As for delivery, it's not 100% confirmed but we're expecting bikes to be shipped at the end of June / early July and that's most models. The TE250 is later build but even then they are expected end of July in limited numbers.

Things are moving quickly in Varese these days!

Dave
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Wonder why they chose to keep a carb on the TC 250 and EFI the TE 250? I think some of the Jap 250 MX's are going to EFI in '10.
  4. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

Will the TXC be carbed or efi ?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  6. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah does anyone know if the US will get the new TE250 and will it replace the current TE250? Or will they call it the TXC here? It would be cool to see the TXC get the same engine with FI :thumbsup:
  7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

All 2010 250s get the new motor, frame, plastic exect.....
  8. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks then a 2010 TXC might be on my wish list. Do you know if the TXC will be FI like the TE or will it be carb like the TC?
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

official 2010 Husqvarna TXC specs will be released at the dealer show.:)
  10. Stefan Husqvarna
    AA Class

The TXC's will come with Carb, only the TE's with FI!

Regards Stefan
  11. shaky Husqvarna
    B Class

weight?

does anyone know the weight of the 2010txc 250? is it that much lighter then the 2009, is it light enought to make up for the fact that I can't make it a 310? I thought it was going to be FI and now that it's not I might concider the 2010.

Thoughts?

NovA HS racer.

Shaky
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This is the time of year when MC manufacturers release information. That's all I know. :confused:
  13. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its all about the transmission.

Is the new 250 a 5 speed TXC/TE? Or is it a 6 speed? We know the TC250 is a 5 speed.

We know the 310 is a 6 speed. And thats a must for those littler bikes, offroad.

IF the '10 TE/TXC250 is a 6 speed, then heck yeah get it over the old-style 310. At least for this year. Next year the all new 310 will be the bike to get--assuming its got a 6 speed.

Im seriously thinking about racing a TXC250 at this falls Baja 1000. IF its a 6 speed. Hey it even has a big tank option....plus the Honda wankers cant cheat anymore. :thumbsup:
  14. shaky Husqvarna
    B Class

so

so your saying forget the weight and torque options,

5 speed no
    6 speed yes
  15. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Exactly.

If the new 250 is only a 5 speed, i would buy a 310.
    If the new 250 is a 6 speed, then i would buy the new 250.

The problem with a 250 is longevity. They just dont last as long, due to high revs--any brand of 250.

With a 6 speed, the bike doesnt need to be wrung out as long to shift. 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th, etc. It adds up.

Plus you often have 2 gears to choose from in tricky situations. Shift down and pin it in the sand to keep the front wheel light. Shift up and dog it in the mud for traction.

There are a few other advantages with a 6 speed (better milage, less wear for each gear, better on asphalt, more precision, faster acceleration, etc)

But really, for my mind, its the longevity factor. Of course if you only ride 1st-4th gears on gnarley single track, then maybe its no big deal for ya.

Just some ideas. Im thinking about racing a TXC250--if its a 6 speed.
  16. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    TE250 2010 is 6 speed. TXC isn't UK bike so not one I should comment on...
  17. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for posting. Thats good to read. Hopefully the TXC is also 6 speed.

A 6 speed TE250 with the new motor and lighter chassis surely has something over the old motor 310. :excuseme:
  18. jedi101 Husqvarna
    B Class

did anyone notice that the 2010 txc250 in the pic has the x-lite motor in it? so i wonder if its still electric start, it does have an 18 inch wheel on it

i can only wonder if they sorted out all the bugs with the new TC motor yet to put it in the TXC?
  19. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mike I have been thinking if you want to race BAJA in the 250 class
    Then maybe you should think about a CR 125 6 speed and in the last 4 years of holding it wide open in the desert it is still going .I beleive it has a higher top speed then a TC 250 if they come with a 5 speed
    Instead of waiting for something new try some thing that has been tested plus the cost of the cr is about 1/2 of what the new 250 will be and all the big tanks you want are avalible
  20. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought I heard the TXC/TE are FI which makes me wonder what would make up the difference between the the two. In the past TXC was TE mixed with a TC. I just can't see what the difference would be unless it was suspension or the TXC is got a carb like the TC.