2010 TC250 -v- 09 KTM250 2st

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Oct 11, 2011.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I wonder how much the 218 compression, Walts grind on my power valves, and the fact that it's a CR has to do with how well my 144 runs. I mean I liked my 125 but my 144 has so much more low-mid it makes riding the bike real easy and real fun. Cool video Jake thanks for the post up.
  2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yeah, mine is a CR and Shane and Ben both have CR144's, Ben's has Walts power valves also. He also has a Walt built 144 kit with the domed piston waiting to go in. I think the boost in low/mid is why I don't like the 144, it losses a bit of the frantic 125 feel I love so much.

I know I am probably alone in this.

Later,
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL Jake I'm old now (52) and don't want "frantic" I like smooth and predictible. Now if I was young and fast....... I do LOVE to see a 125 running wide open passing big bore bikes on a MX track!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Jake is 10 years younger than me and a GREAT rider. His 125 works perfect for him. No need for a 144. Jake is an anomaly. :D
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok then it's safe to say ..... there is no substuite for talent.
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Or, in my case, there's no substitute for fear of killing myself! :lol:
    Bill502 likes this.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Jake can make any bike work, so the point and zap of the 125 is more exciting. The rest of us seek a tamer side of the equation.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL I seek tammer and still broke myself up pretty good last year:rolleyes:. So go get em Jake for us old, slow, fat guys! When I first got my CR125 I let a friend of mne race another friend on his KX 450 at the MX track in Lake Gaston MX Park NC. We laughed our butts off as the mighty 125 put a big whooping on the big 450!
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So.... Buddy of mine bought a used (1 ride) 2012 KTM350. Rode it yesterday. At first i hated it, felt big heavy, slow and handled like CRAP. (I was on my TC250) New owner was all over the trail on it. I said to him "let me fix the forks" so I tweaked them. He said "WOW way better". Then i said let me adjust the shock, again WAY better. Then he kept telling me it felt faster. Then at the end of the day I rode it again and the suspension ruled, the motor barked, and the bike feels great. Weird. Nice bike for sure. EFI is spotless, suspension is VERY good and the motor is good.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Talent? A.K.A "The Rider"....

Very good reporting here...