1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TXC250 40 miles maiden voyage report.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This bike could be bought, restriction stuff removed, hand guards added and raced successfully. It's a GREAT bike right out of the box IMHO. Mine has no bog just a little ragged running right off idle. Was running better at the end of the day. It was not something that bothered me just noticeable. The revy motor is fantastic and I'm glad it did not seem to loose low end over the old motor. This is the next generation and it's real gooooood.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Just for "calibration" purposes, my TC 250 has no issues off idle, so I'm thinking this is and EFI issue.
  3. satori Husqvarna
    C Class

I was really interested in this bike but I am concerned about the reports of glitches with the EFI from owners and magazines.

If it could have been sorted with a calibration change, it seems like Husky would have done that before it got into the hands of magazines and customers.:excuseme:
  4. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wonder if EFI was set at the factory for a properly broken in bike and these problems will go away at the 500 mile mark?

NC
  5. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Or the bike was setup to pass emission testing ;)
  6. satori Husqvarna
    C Class

Good question! There are different factors that could be affecting the EFI performance whether temporary or permanent.. hard to say what the cause is.

Hopefully, you are right and the problem goes away.

Although, I am also keeping an eye on the Husaberg and there are no complaints right out of the box - so I am little leary of the Husky at this point.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So here is the deal. When i went to pick up the bike and rode it around the parking lot the EFI worked about perfect. They had iBeat there and i had info that they were to lean and had some settings. i though instead of getting home and having a lean bog, even though i did not feel that in the parking lot, that i would richen up the settings. It is to rich. This is causing the slight ragged running and erratic idle. My iBeat cable and software come tomorrow and I'll mess with it. It really is not a big deal, the bike runs very well and the motor is really something to be experience and i have even opened her up yet to see whats on top. The mid range power is fantastic and other than the slight roughness right off idle, which you only notice when leaving from a start, it runs perfect. Snappy, clean, responsive, etc.

I have 200 miles on a 2010 FE390 Berg. that bike rocked my world. I had designs on buying one but held out to try the TXC. Glad I did. For tighter riding it is better. Much lighter feeling, better turning (the Berg is very good the TXC is fantastic), better suspesnion, much smaller feeling, amazing husky brakes, etc.

Don;t let a slight EFI setting to sway you away from buying one of the best bikes going. Swing a leg over one before you make your decision. It kinda just looks like another husky but it is really the next generation of amazing huskys IMHO. It's a step up.

- oh, and your right, I have ridden the 09 FE450 and FE570 and the 2010 FE390 and those all had PERFECT EFI settings as is.
  8. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

That makes total sense. I don't understand why ppl let other people's "opinions" decide what is best for you. Sure it may make me more aware of something (good or bad) but you need to decide for yourself.

Because some goof ball writer gives a bike a good or bad review should have no bearing on what you should buy. I would even take Kelly's review with a grain of salt, why? Because it is his experience on this bike. If everyone had the same needs and riding style then each manufacturer would make one bike. Find a dealer that has one you can try. I would never buy a bike I have not ridden (unless it was very similar to the bike I have ridden in the past).

A lot of ppl rave about the TXC450. I rode a friends and did not like it. I found the TXC250 to be the best bike for me. The TXC450 is an awesome bike....for some ppl. THe TXC250 is an awesome bike for some ppl. This new TC/TE/TXC 250 will be an awesome bike...for some ppl.

Just say'n
  9. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

This is IMPORTENT

I am pretty sure that that bik wasn`t broken in (5-10 hours) EFI is calibrated for a bike that is broken in.

Ther is a big difference after that.

Husqvarna strongly recomend 5-10 hours riding before you get full power.

Best regards Klas
  10. satori Husqvarna
    C Class

I agree with you about trying something for myself to decide if it is good for me. but I wasn't referring to the performance..I never said it wasn't a good performing bike.. or "not for me". I'm actually very interested in this bike and getting out of the "orange" habit.

I've been burned on first year electrical/mechanical glitches so my trust of new things starts at 0 and works up from there.

anyway, Motosportz, good luck with the settings.. you're probably right in that you went over rich. let us know how you sort it out!
  11. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Oh man....i want one. When is rekluse making a clutch for the new motor? :confused::busted:

Thanks for the review!
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

FWIW, the 2010 Bergs run like crap out of the box due to EPA regs. Fortunately, KTM has a competition map ready to be downloaded that makes the bike run like a champ.

Rekluse is ONLY making the EXP for the new 250 the last time I talked to them.
  13. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I hope not...that clutch sounds lame. :(
  14. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

ZipTy is already running the Rekluse!?!? Is it the EXP?

15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I talked to Pat from Rekluse at the IN National about the new 250 and he said that they were only going to make the EXP for the X-Lights.

ZipTy is running them on their race bikes already.
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I guess the EXP would be cool for racing track, endurocross or for guys who want a regular clutch without the fear of stalling, but the regular Rekluse Pro is the ticket for tight single track with plenty of nasties so that it modulates the clutch action smoothly.
  17. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

If Rekluse already has the EXP in the ZipTy machines, why aren't they available to the public?

18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are 4 in existence right now.
  19. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    It is soooooo good to hear such positive wraps about the new machine. Guys keep them coming plus pictures and videos as well. it is a vicarious ride for the rest of us. Aslo keep the pic and vids coming from the older bikes as well they are still worthy beasts.
    I cant wait for the first review on the 2010 TE 310 and 630-dreaming about getting one of each, how do you win lotto?
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rode the TXC250 again yesterday. My iBeat did not come in time so was still running the rich settings. As such i decided to pull the SA out to get it leaner. The thing turned into a fire breathing monster that felt like a 450. For woods riding this motor makes more than enough power, it flat rips. Almost to much low end bark for yesterdays slicker conditions. Full report coming.