1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TXC250 ride #2

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff.

I pack a half gallon on my back for the 50 milers. Hoping for a better solution in the semi near future.
  2. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

well my big concern was the mileage out of my 2009 TXC 250,it scared me since it doesnt have a reserve,I had just gotten my bike the day before and rode it for all of ten minutes before loading up and heading to NJ,the bike made 40 miles on the first tank of gas! I can now stretch it to 50 miles on the 1.9 gallon tank and hope the 2010 will get the same mileage once broken in
  3. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I hope this is true. My X has a 2.2 gallon tank and I can go over 60 miles at race pace on single track. The TXC is only .3 tenths less and EFI, so I don't know why it can't do 50 miles easily? Maybe it doesn't hold a true 1.9 gallons?

Carrying fuel is fine for a trail ride, but it's not a race option.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The FI Huskys cannot access all the fuel in the tank.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I should mention i had some rich EFI settings (my fault) and have corrected that. Will see if it gets better MPG next ride.

K
  6. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I find it hard to believe that a 250 won't go that far myself. My X will go between 80-100 miles on a tank before hitting reserve (and no its not lean). Granted it is not in race mode, but trails that range from slow to 40mph, a wide variety of speeds. I ride with guys that can get 60 miles on a 450x before reserve. Hopefully that is just a function of being rich. according to the brochure, both the txc and te's have a 1.85 gal tank vs 2.2 on a 250x, but it seems to me it still should get more then 50 miles / tank. with that said, the 450 txc or te's should probably make one lap on a tank of gas<G>.

Anyways I appreciate all the comparisons and talk. Its a big help for me to hear all this.

DW
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me too. :banghead:

Huskys are thirsty for some reason. My 02 YZ250 got way better millage then any of my WR250's. My TXC is getting 21 mpg, it should get 30-35. then the tank would give me 60 miles and all would be good. We will see.
  8. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds like my WR250 is getting about the same mileage as the TXC? I think the bike has a 2.5 gallon tank and I have run it over 45 miles without hitting reserve. This was at 2.4 hour long HS with some fast sections. Didn't hit reserve, but I'm sure it was close. I was concerned when I bought the bike, but have been pleasantly surprised by the good fuel economy.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My 2002 CR250 2-stroker can get 50 miles out of a tank on single track riding...the tank should be the same size as the TXCs, 1.9 GALS. I'm surprised to hear of such low numbers for gas mileage from the 4-stroke Huskies...I've never checked the mileage on my 08 TXC250, but I know if gets in the 35-40MPG range...Maybe you guys ride alot harder than I do...that can make a big difference on the mileage plus I have stock gearing on both my bikes.

I'm also surprised to hear anyone would make a fuel pump part of the tank...How do you ever get a larger tank? If this stock one costs in the 400$ range...what will a large, 3rd-party tank cost? Some of us do not own ATM machines or oil wells ;( and I guess some of us do.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The tank is 1.9 but 1.5 after the fuel pump stuff. There are 3 gallon 08-09 tanks, you just tranfer the fuel pump stuff.

_ I remapped my EFI today and am getting 32-34 MPG i think there is more to be had, Runs better and gets great mileage. Will post in EFi forum.
  11. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Finally. No more worries about running out of gas at an enduro.:busted:
  12. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

I must say that Hondas are good bikes but down south you cant give them away to the woods riders.Every european bike that I have tried to sell on C.L., someone has tried to trade me a CRF. I even put in one post that I would not trade for a CRF of any size and still got one idiot that replied with "will you trade for a 08 crf450x?" Duh huh!!
  13. J D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you mean that the 08-09 TE/TXC 250 large tank will also fit the 2010 models? Can you please expand on this?

Fuel range is a important factor in my decision of which bike to go for.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No it will not. Sorry if i confused you.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I think the final answer was no to this ... at least on the 08 to 010 models the upper 2 gears are a little taller but you'll need to verify this by re-reading this thread :_)

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6865 :banana: