1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010 wr 250 Where does the upgrading start -- Best bang for the $

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rich DiMauro, May 13, 2013.

1. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    FMF only makes the Gnarly for the WR250, but it's a better pipe anyway.
  2. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    i happen have gnarly an dep 20 min.swap depends on terrian, i tend to ride upper rpm so i prefer dep where lectron loves
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Keihin carb, DEP pipe and Rekluse. Best bangs for the buck as far as performance, IMO. Since you have decent suspension, I'd move to tailoring the bike to suit your needs and style.

CR ignition is one of the last things I'd do and only if you are running a lot of moto type stuff, like GNCC's and GP's. If you spend your time in the roots, rocks and trees, I wouldn't bother. You get some bang, but it's a lot of bucks. Just not a great performance value, IMO.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The Keihin with RB Designs head/carb mods was the first and best improvement I have made for all around engine performance. I had a Gnarly pipe and went back to the stocker. I wonder now though how a Lectron carb might be.:thinking:
    As far as all around bike performance, the Rekluse/ six speed conversion really transformed the bike. Tight gnarly or 80+MPH desert/open. In the forks Riders Edge base valves/stacks and LTR shock valving.:)

[IMG]
  5. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I run the keihin and had rb designs set squish.Fuel is 50/50 vp110 and eth free 89.Bottom end is awesome.I rode 2 ktm 300s a couple weeks ago and the bottom seemed week in comparison.
  6. Rich DiMauro Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr 250
    SWeet bike! The one thing these bikes need is that 6th gear,, why the hell did they ruin a good thing! Think im going to keep the stock pipe for the moment ,repack the silencer.. check my compression - the motor has been rebuilt once and has one season of some enduro racing from the previous owner, might make sense to just rebuild it real quick and send the head out to get done all at once... going to pull the carb and see whats in there for starter's.. did a little research on the jetting thread so i know about where i have to be... {given that the tmx is only going to be so good} once again bottom end power is not to bad my gearing was 13/50 with an mt16 which is a Tall tire ...I went 14/50 so 3rd wouldnt have to be used as much and i could put more power to the ground, made the bike a little more mellow but im sure its just as fast if not faster ...just not as many on demand power wheelies out of corners,,

it rained all last week so the pace was slower, and the A rider wasnt there for me to chase, so i was the leader at my own pace with c riders but it will be dry this weekend so the faster pace may compensate for my taller gearing to be in the sweet spot... plug color isnt bad 6 hours on the plug does have some brownish,,,the exhaust just donest have a "BARK" Not sure if the design of the stock hockey stick will, but im going to repack it this week...

im never running wide out its all averaging 15-30 mph in the woods, single track, and never loads up or stumbles.., just wish it had a little more oomph of the bottome {4 stroke tourque}, ormaybe i need to gear it down and ride on the pipe more? but then the bike is slow top speed and semi defeats the purpose of the street title unless its back roads... But once again i wonder how much better it could be with a better source of carburation