1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010 wr150 or 2010 cr150?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Feb 22, 2012.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Different strokes for different folks Norm. Since 2009, I've always found it interesting to read the many posts about how difficult it has been to dial in a WR... good lord... there's volumes of posts here detailing the challenges getting a WR tuned. I guess I'm just jaded since all of my CR's ran right out of the box and could do MX and woods with minor gearing changes. No biggie, just sayin. :thumbsup:
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well I have to admit....I have wanted a WR side stand on my CR a few times :D. Both great bikes, one's a little more rock and roll the other a little more country.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    That what I say too.... horses for courses. My '09 WR125 worked perfect out of the box for some reason. My bike ran better with the stock Mikuni and Factory carb kit than it ever did with the PWK. The PWK worked with 144 and now the 165. Power Valve springs? Drew Smith rode my bike and said don't change a thing. I can ride tight woods or a moto track and never change the gearing. If I get a '12 WR125, I hope it's as good as my '09..... No biggie, just sayin'.:cheers:
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hi guys, I hope that I didn't start a war here LOL! I spent a lot of time reading this forum and based my choice on what I have read on it. I am sure that either bike would be great and I will be riding technical single-track with some steep terrain involved. I think I just might like the power delivery of the cr a little bit better than the wr. As john 01 said, a kick stand would definately be handy especially when I'm waiting for my brother to catch up on his Honda xr650:lol:
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Oh thats cold huskybear LOL. No war here we're just messing around, it's all good.
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Does anybody know if the cr and wr transmission ratios are the same? I know that wr means wide ratio but I looked at some specs on the internet and the ratios were the same for each gear. I'm guessing that they should be different.Thanks guys!
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Same trans in both but they aren't wide ratio; 6 speeds so it's easy to find a gear that works. Not sure what the WR stands for maybe woods racer?
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks john01, I guess the only difference between the two models is the rear wheel size,flywheel,lights,fuel capacity,jetting and possible power-valve adjustment?
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Husky put an actual wider ratio tranny in the WR125 until 2001 or 2002. I finally found one and installed it before my trip south. I really like it but could see the gaps being a bit wide for a pure mx 125. I have been waiting for one to show up somewhere for over a year so I wouldn't expect another one to show up any time soon for you guys on the 165's. I am also not parting with mine period.:D
  10. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good to know, thanks wallybean:thumbsup: Might be nice on a 144!
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You didn't start anything that hasn't been going on for a good long time. CR guys and WR guys like to pick on each other.:busted:
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 was the last year of the Wide Ratio WR125. Trail Rider Mag's trail test of the 2002 WR125 praised the closer ratios of the CR tranny for woods work on the WR125. True wide ratio would be nice on the 165.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

huskybear you forgot the most important difference...the side stand. I picked up an add-on one from Kelly for my 09 TXC510 and it was sweet not having to lay my bike down when the grandkids fell over.
  14. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Own them both and for woods I'd say the extra tank capacity as well as flywheel weight are definitely a good bonus. The WR once dailed hardly gives anything away to the CR in the snap department and I'd say in fact everyone who has ridden my WR can't believe how lively the little bugger is as most see it with the lights and all and expect it to be a tamed down woods weapon and it's anything but that. Except for the feel of the heavier flywheel weight on the super low end it feels just as lively as my CR everywhere else.
    As far as dialing it in goes there are many threads giving you a good head start on where to go and mine was minor jetting and mostly Walt's power valve springs away from being as dialed as any 125 I've ridden. Have the 144 kit on the shelf for the time being as I love it thus far in 125 trim.
    If you decide to go with the CR and do any woods riding at the least you'll need to get a bigger tank as in stock trim I'd say you'd be lucky to get 25-30 miles out a tank full.
  15. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well thanks again everyone,now I still don't know which one to get! You are right vntgmx, owning both would be nice but then my wife would kill me twice for buying two more bikes:eek: :lol: To me it seems the the wr with stock cr jetting and power valve tweaking would almost be identical to the cr with flywheel weight and a kick-stand. Thanks and keep the opinions coming as others might find this interesting (or confusingLOL) as well! Gotta go, the wife's coming!:naughty:
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Honestly if I just or mostly rode or raced in the woods I would get the WR. The money you can save for maybe not having to get a bigger tank, 18" rear wheel (if needed), and the little smoother pull are all +'s in the woods. The money saved can get your suspension set up. Don't worry to much about getting the motor dialed in the guys here have been there and done that and are more than willing to help. I road a fellow members WR on our MX track and it was very good at that too. LOL I may need a FWW on my soon to be WB165 to WR it down a bit!
  17. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The original question asked about the 2010 and for that year I would get a CR. I feel the old WR has too much FWW and it is a lot more picky about jetting. For 11 and up the WR has a digital ignition that is lighter and from what I have read I think it might be the best bet for a woods bike. I do not have any firt hand experience with one though.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '11 WR125/150 ('11 WR250/300 got the digital) still has the analog ignition and the '12 got the digital Ducati ignition
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hi everyone, well I just got back from visiting my local dealer and apparently the 2012 wr125 won't be available in canada due to low sales. I will be able to get a 2012 c r125 with the 144 kit for a great deal though! The dealer will take a pick-up I own as partial trade towards it and not charge me any freight,doc fees or pdi:applause: He will also deliver it in the crate to my door for free! I think the total amount I will pay for it in this deal will be around $3500-$4000! I am hoping to get the bike in a week or two and will keep you posted. Apparently the owner's manual is not very good with torque specs. Does anyone have the torque values for the front and rear axles,swingarm pivot bolt,rear suspension linkage? I will use my husaberg specs for the front fork pinch bolts and common sense for everything else:thumbsup:The dealer will be calling me on tuesday to let me know when he can get the bike in,and he says it might even be cheaper!! I can't wait to try it out in some of my favorite riding spots( after a proper break-in of course). I sat on a2010 cr125 at the dealer and it felt like I could pick it up and run out the door with it! My husaberg is fairly light but this thing feels invisible underneath you! Thanks everyone for the input, I will keep you posted on everything and probably have more questions:thinking:.Take care.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

SWEET! :applause: They feel like mountain bikes with motors you are gonna love it!