1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2010 WR300 - White Oil

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dbldtop, Apr 29, 2013.

1. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Yeah, I found it's left hand threads and . My local guys didn't have the parts in stock, time to call Hall's and see about getting it shipped to arrive by Friday...I really, really want to race on Sunday.
  2. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    I believe you might need a tool they refer to as a bullet to put the new seal on. They have them in rockymountainmc.com and other places. I know it might be hard to get the seal on without cutting it without the tool.
  3. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    how to remove the impeller

Attached Files:

ohmygewd likes this.
  4. chris anders Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR250 , 2002 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Suzuki RM250
    The impeller threads onto the end of the shaft- it is a REVERSE , (Or Left handed ) Thread if i remember correctly. as far as the seal goes, I know i destroyed it getting it out! might have tapped it out from backside through the hole with something? Would probably be $$ well spent to go pick up a small bearing/bushing puller.
    Good Luck!
  5. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Be careful removing the impeller. i broke mine trying to replace my seal. Now that I know how to do it, it's not that hard of a job.
  6. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    Just joined the white oil club. Pulled the water pump apart and took out the spacer with a magnet. It looked not so good. The corrosion is on the coolant side of the seal. Anybody else replace their spacer at the same time as the seal?
    I can get the seal but the spacer is back ordered, which means it won't get to Bill's until the KTM/Husqvarna deal is finished.
    coolant spacer.png
  7. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 yamaha xs750 special
    you could try polishing it up a bit. If u put it back in like that it will wear out your seal alot faster
  8. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thought about that. I definitely won't be putting it back in like this!

Maybe spin it on a dremel tool against some fine sandpaper. What have I got to lose? Its a $4.50 part.

Going to Moab Memorial Day weekend... with the mountain bike. I'll be making braaaap! noises going over bumps and around corners.
  9. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Mine was chewed up to. Sorry about that, Bill's had a used one until I got them to sell it to me and 2 day it to KC, shipping charges were a kick in the balls, but better than throwing away season points in another series. Missed 3 weekends of racing because of this, so was doing anything I could to get it back together for this weekend. Of course then my impeller still didn't arrive from **** (ordered weeks ago, held up from the back ordered spacer) and I came down with some nasty viral crap and was in bed all weekend. So, I burnt $30 shipping that $4 spacer.

If you know anyone with a metal lathe, they should be able to make a new one from scrap for next to nothing.
  10. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    If one of you guys wants to send a bad one to me I can make a few of them. I got no problem sending you one after I make it. As long as it isn't so bad I cant get good dimensions off of it. I use a lot of stainless steel at work so I could easily use stainless. I don't know if mine is bad or not but I would like to make one for me before I take it out so I am not down and out also. Tell me more about the spacer. Other than the seal does it rub on anything? What dimensions are critical? Just need to know so I can tell if the stainless we have will be strong enough.
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Have you made any stainless steel wheel spacers for your WR250? If so I'd like to buy a set from you as well as the water pump part if you end up making some of those. I like my WR250 so much I plan on keeping my it for a long time.
  12. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    I have not made them for my Husky, but I made some for my YZ250. I made them out of the stainless and it still wore out but not that fast. The stainless we have is not any tougher or harder than cold rold steel. So I made some out of D2 tool steel and hardened them. They lasted forever. What I would do is take the stock ones (if you have a old set) and put a hardened (tool steel) sleeve over them where the seal rides. That is just a little less work. If you look at some of the aftermarket companies they are doing this. Like I said if someone wants to send me a set and a water pump spacer I will gladly make them a set for free, because then I don't have to take mine out to measure them. Just let me know. Later Jeff
    ray_ray likes this.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I remember putting micro sleeves on old cast harmonic balancers to save them. I wonder if anyone makes a micro-sleeve in the same diameter of the wheel spacer.
  14. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I have a old set of wheel spacers if you want me to send them to you.let me know
  15. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I can send mine to you. Its not worn on the oil side, just the coolant side. Chamfer on each edge looks to be the same.

The spacer is between the impeller and the end stop o-ring on the drive shaft. It forms the seal on the outside of the circumference of the spacer with the rubber seal, and another seal inside the spacer at the end, against the o-ring.
  16. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Glenn Haynes, I wanted to send you a private message but dont see a link for it. If you know how send me a private message, and I will give you my address.
  17. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
  18. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Another view of the spacer, viewed from the oil side. Just so you know what you're getting into, sned!

water pump spacer.jpg
  19. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    im in the same boat!!! Bills tells me the same !!! someones makin em im buying
  20. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Does your spacer look like mine? Only bad on the coolant side?

I also had some brown/tan sticky goopy crap under the impeller and on the seal. Maybe that was the reason it failed in the first place. Probably sediment or precipitate from the crap that was in the coolant system when new.