2011 te250 & te310

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The TC gets last years TE / TXC tank and the new TE / TXC will get a bigger tank with remote pump unit so it can; "The tank has a new pump which enables 100% exploitation of fuel available."
  2. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

I Hope the fuel pump does not cost > $1000 AUS. Should be an affordable serviceable item. "Complicate and Profit ? "
  3. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    My thoughts exactly!
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Saw the part you bolded.....never saw or heard of the first part. Inside information?
  5. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Will a TC or TXC version of the 310 be available?:applause:
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Looks like some good things coming down the pipe +++++ Look at that fuel tank! The weight loss is probably due to comparing that beefy old engine design to the newer 250 style. Hope they did go external with the pump. Much more adaptable for aftermarket options if so. And look, a mid-pipe guard that looks like P3's in a metal version!

Like Joe said though, it's pretty in pictures.
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Ahh... I've heard some things. :D We'll have to see if they hold true.
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    No Karoo's, yea! New hubs, bummer in the style dept. imo. Love the look of the current fat Husky hubs. 2 1/4 gallon useable tank, nice! The 310 looks like a winner to me. I would like to have one. Couldn't get rid of the 510 though, it is so much fun!
  9. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

A bore And stroke job on the 310. Should be a wonderful little bike.

The strokes only .2mm shorter than the new KTM 350. I wonder how far the usual US hot rodder companies can go with the bore on the 310? I don't think very far, as it's a genuinely tiny engine unit, not like the far from small KTM one.

But I'm sure someone will try to put the cylinder/base studs into the cylinder wall!
  10. kingkabong Husqvarna
    A Class

These look awesome. And while the 310 is very tempting, I think I'll hold out for the 450. ;) Thanks for the updates!
  11. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Fuel pump update:

The pump is internal, the fuel taps on both sides must be to ensure fuel from both sides of the tank can be used. The tank is quite deep either side of the frame rails so if there wasn't a link pipe then the fuel on the RH side would remain unused. Close up of LH side of tank showing what I assume to be the base of the new smaller pump (although no obvious fuel line outlet) and LH tap:

[IMG]

Dave
  12. Rocknroll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anybody know if this larger tank will fit on a 2009 TE? I like the new graphics.:thumbsup:
  13. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    2009 TE has the option of the 11.5l IMS / Husqvarna tank.

Dave
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Guess that's what I get for listening to a guy who works for Suzuki. :lol:
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Dave.
    I actually was thiniking, hoping it was what you said. Like low slung fat bob tanks on a Harley. Neccessary to allow even flow of fuel. Fits in well with the comment from the Varese release of "Better scavenging ability of the pump to maximize fuel capacity".
    Motorhead....tell your bud at Suzuki he owes you a free lunch.....or better still, that Dungey is switching to Yamaha.
  16. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

any change to 1st and/or 6th gearing, I would love one of these for dualsport use
  17. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

That ...310...looks...AWESOME.
  18. Aaron Husqvarna
    C Class

I received an email from Husqvarna Italy (I work at a dealership in Canada) with this same information. Expect everything said in the first post to be true and coming our way shortly.
  19. luckyguy19 Husqvarna
    A Class

I hope they make a 310 txc, seems it would make a good desert/mountain bike.
  20. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class