2011 te250 & te310

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
  2. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

WOW! I have to say - I thought I would never buy another husky(bmw) again. Now this... :applause:

If there is a TXC version with tight woods acceptable steering geometry and slap a keihin FCR on her - I am going to be like a rat chasing a cheese truck going after the new 310. The thing that has always gotten me about the new generation 250 4T motors punched to 300 was that the stroke was too short. This motor is going to pull away in the woods. And a dual map ignition to boot. Oh my gawd. :cheers:

jeff
  3. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I almost bought a Husky TXC250 last year but then went with the 10 FE390 Husaberg but still check out the Husky thread. Well I have to say Husky is doing some great things for 2011 and I might have to pick one up and the 310 is looking pretty good either in TE or TXC form if they make it.
  4. MasterChief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310 2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha SRX600 & XT225
    This makes sense as the TE 610 FI has petcocks on both sides for just this reason.
  5. slyfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just like with the KTM350 the weight will be a big factor. Seems like they still need to trim some weight off the bike. Didn't last years model weigh in around 270lbs wet? If so its still over 250lbs ....seems kinda high to me. Hope I'm wrong!
  6. slyfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

This site is claiming a dry weight of 233.6lbs for the 310....so I guess it will be right around 250lbs with a full tank (if true). Sounds decent compared to 245lbs for the KTM wet. I'm assuming you can shave about 5lbs off the 310 by removing the enduro/street stuff that you don't need for racing.

I'm still leaning toward the KTM since I like to practice on a MC track for HS racing.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/n...highlights-2011-small-bore-four-stroke-huskys
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

A 2010 TXC 250 weighed in at 255 on a bathroom scale with a full tank of gas and fully battle dressed with armor (radiator guards, hand guards, rotor guards, skid plate). My 2009 TXC 250 weighed 267 on the same scale and similarly equipped. I doubt the 2011 TE 300 will weigh less than a 2010 TXC 250. Anyway you slice it, the 2011 TE 300 will be much lighter than the 2010 model and that's awesome!
  8. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    TE and SM610's fuel injected bikes have petcock's for the equalizing line between lobes so that you may use "most" of the fuel in the tank. It's strictly for servicing as it's much more robust then having quick disconnects, or should I say having cheap plastic quick disconnects. The metal ones hold up pretty well, but in dakar you will see the spin type petcocks on the fuel transfer lines as it allows you to service the bike in the field without needing a clamp of some sort to keep fuel from gushing everywhere.
  9. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Ditto, however I seem to remember a much lower number listed for a TXC250 Xlight like 235ish initially from HSQ IT?? I've weighed an 04 KTM 525 SX at 258 ready to do battle while the TXC510 was also 267lbs on same scale and the G450X with LED turns/tail ready to ride street is 265, a few pounds lighter sans lights/mirrors.

The new TE310 might be a great single tracker for me, the G450 is a bit powerful when it's let to breath and TXC250 Xlight doesn't have that grunt that I use as a crutch, perhaps new 310 will have it!
  10. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Our 2008 TXC510 weighed in at 252 or 255 (I forget) on an accurate shipping scale without fuel. This was with a meca skid plate and radiator braces.

I have purchased a turntech battery and have a titanium rear spring to add that will put the dry weight under 250.

Back on topic - the TXC310 will also accept a lightweight turntech battery and a titanium rear spring.

Given that the displacement on the 310 was add primarily via stroking the motor - it should more than enough grunt for those of us who like gobs of torque.

jeff
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    When swapping off on the trail my 2010 TXC250 feels as light or lighter than a 08 XCW250 KTM (2st), 07 WR250 husky and 08 GG300. The owners of those bikes agreed that the TXC feels very light. Power wise I have never had an issue but 80% of what I ride is tighter 1-3 gear stuff. It weighs 234 on bathroom scales new with nothing on it and just a little gas. I bet a WR250 is a good 10 pounds more. Feels 20.
  12. aethelred Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i guess that's only for "just in case..."
    i rode a wr125 with the 8 liter tank for quite some time with only one fuel tap (the tank's prepared to take a second fuel tap, bytheway), never had a problem to use all the fuel. manzi uses the huge aluminum tank on his wr125, this fuel tank goes way lower than the husky tank, and he also only uses one fuel tap.

i guess, if you'd need a second fuel tap, then you're either not riding hard enough, or your bike does not vibrate enough. but hey, why do harleys have a problem then?

r

edit: bytheway, great new "slimline" frame.