2011 TE310 Fuel pump assy. pics and P/N's

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Aaron8, Jun 17, 2012.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I don't believe so, I think those are just vents that allow some of the clean, filtered overflow gas to be able to vent out the bottom instead of climbing all the way back out the top.
  2. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    Thanks for the replys ! Sometimes when hot: fuel pump makes no sound at all won't start ! other times when hot makes a slower sound than normal and starts then dies again ! all these times were 90 plus degree days when i was riding , dealer closed for the holiday won't be back till the 10th. i will wait to see what he says then decide what pump to go with. This post will be most helpful if i end up doing it my self ! THANKS Aaron8 :)
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Based on that description, your pump is gunked up and cannot be salvaged.
  4. RailwayRog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I had to replace my fuel pump and didn't have time to look for the submersible fuel line mention earlier. That crappy fuel line included in the kit will that destruct over time?
    I don't understand why the correct fuel line was not included in the kit in the first place.
  5. RailwayRog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Had the same problem when real hot outside (in the 90s), I just replaced the pump, what else can you do?
  6. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    Bike is at the dealer now getting new fuel pump installed under warranty ! I ordered some foil back insulation from rockymountain mc , going to install it under the fuel tank and behind rads when i get it back on tuesday, hopefully there is room and helps deflect some of the heat out of the fuel tank ...! Seems like the pump worked fine when cool then goes to shit when hot...!
  7. superalloy10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM EXC
    I just purchased a virtually brand new 2011 TE310 with 114 mile on the odometer. I picked the bike up from a dealer in Arizona, drove it home to California and rode it the first day. Everything was fine for the first 30 miles (fire roads and some technical single track) until it started to run like crap, like it was running out of gas. I stopped and removed the gas cap and the gas was boiling in the bottom of the tank and spit out!!. I got it to the trail head a couple of hundred yards up the trail and it wouldn't start, I tipped the gas from one side of the tank to the other and it ran for awhile, then I was out of gas. Long story short, I got gas and got home. The bike still runs like crap. Thanks to the excellent detailed information on this site, it seems like a new fuel pump is in order. I have ordered the new fuel pump from Ca-Cycleworks. Hopefully, that will fix the problem. I called the dealer to let him know that I have "issues" with bike already.
    Oh, one more thing, I keep getting the FAIL on the instrument cluster. If this doesn't fix it I'm taking it to the dealer.
  8. Rich Lehman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley Davidson
    I am having the same fuel pump issue as described in the post's above. It leaves you sit on the trail when bike is hot. Has Husky issued a recall on this fuel pump?
  9. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    There are people who are running the same OEM pump from 2008 models, so it not the pump per se. It has been a theory of mine that some pumps get some plastic bits in them and that ruins the pump for good, and you just dont know if you get one or not.I replaced my OEM pump 18 months ago and have put 9000 miles on the after market Chinese made pump, so I dont believe in manufacturing origin either.
  10. superalloy10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM EXC
    I put in the new fuel pump but broke the plastic fitting removing the tank. The quick connect got snagged on he plastic outlet grrrr. Now I need to find the art number, hopefully they will sell is separately! Where can I get a schematics got a TE310 2011?
  11. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. cbutcher96 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-310
    whats with the crunch bars in the new fuel pump box? I wish all parts came with candy in them:banana:
  13. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know! Nice touch, huh?
  14. superalloy10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM EXC
    I installed the new pump and elbow and it ran great for about 15 miles then some sputtering again! It was a very hot day. It sputters when you hit full throttle. I'm thinking I have an electrical conection issue.
  15. trackguy3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525; Honda CRF150, XL125, CL77
    This looks like a great solution, but I saw another thread that said this pump doesn't work on 2011 250/310 due to a redesign (http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2011-te310-fuel-pump-issue-or-is-it.19613/). I just got off the phone to confirm with CA-cycleworks and they couldn't say either way, but asked me to give it a try and to call them back with my findings. Based on this thread it looks to be a winner. Can anyone confirm? I have a TE250.
  16. blackdiamond Husqvarna
    A Class

Please let us know if it works in the 2011 x-lite. I too am in need of a new pump...
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Go to CV4 racing and get the insulation tape and even some of the universal insulator blanket material. I installed the silver tape all over the bottom of my tank and just ordered the blanket material as well. My pump sometimes stops functioning after a high heat section. All the top race teams are insulating their tanks now.
  19. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
  20. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Those pumps are 8mm bigger around than the 30mm OEM pump, they will not fit into the OEM holster, they are, at best, a fix that needs major work-arounds to work. Buy the pump from CAcycleWorks..

Pump Body Diameter: 1 1/2" (3.8cm)