2011, wow...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    He must speak privately to all of us then I suppose, Gosh, thought it was my secret.
  2. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Damn. :lol:
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Probably from a marketing standpoint the 50cc kids bike and the 250 for smaller stature riders are the big deals. Dealer meeting in July in Ohio and our dealers will know more.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep and lets hope some advertising is n line also ...
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Change is hard for some people to swallow. I'm too new in the Husky world to be resistant to the upcoming stuff, I guess. Seems like the general age of Husky owners seems to be a little higher than the mainstream "other" brands. I know there are some open minded peeps out there as well like Kelly, David and so forth that are glad to see fairly drastic changes that should be for the better if the marketing is anywhere close to accurate. I see the same resistance amongst my peers at work with upgrades to our equipment. The older folks don't want it, the kids (22-30 yrs old) can't get it soon enough. Older, for us, is upper 30's to mid 40's generally ;). Husky/BMW really does need to get their stuff straight to be a player in the market if that's what they want to do. EFI that doesn't need constant workarounds, kickstands that are reliable, suspension that doesn't require an immediate valving to flow correctly. This is probably common to a certain extent with any manufacturer's top of the line bike.
  6. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

They need to get going on the wr250/300. I tried a brand new one yesterday and....would never buy one. Engine is Ok in power delivery, but the rest is no where near there 4t line or the wr125.

We have seen the TE/TXC 310 with the x-lite engine...but not the TC.
    That would be a good seller in TC trim.
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husky is on the move and is producing a lot of different product from last year ie the 150, the 630, 310, 450. The updates on most of these machines was necessary in terms of needing to reduce weight. What is happening though is after an initial indication of what is coming down the pike there is a void for months. This vacuum is disconcerting as many wild assumptions are made. As Ray Ray said Husky need to advertise more. It needs to positively build on the initial info release and create an air of expectation. By regular updates, comment and picture/vid releases many of us would be looking to update our bikes quickly rather than suck and see. This approach would I feel keep new to the brand buyers keen to hold on rather than staying with their old brand.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I believe part of the vacuum you are referring to is supposed to be taken care of with this:
    http://couragenotincluded.com/eng/default.aspx

Keep in mind that there are many importers, not just Husqvarna North America. Things need to be coordinated.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If it were my campaign I'd be tempted to change that site periodically. The closer that date (lower the count down) the faster it would change. If they wanted to draw attention to it, which I believe is the point?

I don't understand much in this world Joe. :)
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, and I older I get, the less sense any of it makes :)
  12. Aaron Husqvarna
    C Class

Well, from another "BMW guy" who happens to work at a BMW/Husky dealer, I haven't heard anything to support that.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dissolving a 100 YO brand name that was just bought, is doing well and tons of $$ and energy behind makes little sense.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I believe Poopy was kidding.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Never play with poopy :D
  16. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CR250R, Montesa 315R, XR650R..
    I'm quite pleased with the 2011 lineup that I've seen so far. The x-lite based 310 looks like it'd be my ideal four stroke (if its offered in TXC trim anyway - I want the 6-speed so a TC version wouldn't do, but I don't want the weight of the street stuff on the TE).

I'd really love to see a fully modernized two stroke option as well. A DI WR150 would suit me just perfectly I think. Only thing I don't really care for about the bike is that crappy mik carb. Heck I didn't even like the crappy mik carb that came on the 1995 WXC250 that started it all for me almost 15 years ago. Think of how light a small bore two stroke could be if the same attention to reducing weight were given as it is on modern four strokes like the x-lite. You'd have to tie rocks to the thing to keep it from floating away :)
  17. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    So when is the global release (avalability) of the 2011 range? I am pretty excited about the new 310-might get me away from the 450/510's. By the way what is happening with the 510? Anyone heard.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I *believe* all info will be available before the end of July. There is a 'count down' clock on the Husqvarna site. Although I just checked the USA site and it seems to be down at the moment.
  19. PeterHB Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 510 is gone, and a new 511 is coming :)
  20. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Huh, that motor is great if jetted properly, and I think the suspention is pretty good and re valved works fine, every body seems to re valve the suspention no matter what bike they buy