1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 wr 300 thermostat

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by madfish, Dec 9, 2010.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It does regulate it like a automotive set up. There is a waterpump that circulates it, the thermostat regulates the circulation. Granted it is a smaller capacity. In normal woods riding tight stuff, with hill climbs it is going to be open all the time but I could see on the transfer sections in the winter where the wind is freezing your face you could see where it could shut down to keep your engine at a normal operating temp. I have seen guys cover one radiator with cardboard at the Winter Hare Scrambles.
  2. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    it works like a car thermostat...it helps keep the water up to a normal temp but doesn not cool it down once it goes over that temp...
  3. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    well my bike should be here this week. i ll put up pic when it gets here. 2011 wr 300 on the way
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You will notice it is there when it hangs shut ... I always did on my car / truck ... then it was just removed and tossed ...
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Kelly describes a thermostat that opens by a spring weakened from heat, the automotive thermostat works by heating a wax chamber which expands and opposes spring pressure to open a valve. So which is it? I have not seen the motorcycle one but the automotive style is very reliable and usually will last 10 plus years and over 100k miles with daily use.
  6. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    most thermo's work on a bi-metalic spring controlled by temperature.If you have a cooling system that works too efficiently i.e too cool then place a thermo control to inhibit cooling or switch on a fan to aid it.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  8. grnman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC 250 2 - Stroke
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati S4R, Honda CBR600, KTM 105,CR
    Do you guys think a Trials bike thermo fan with a switch will work to help with hill climbs? how would i go about wiring it up to a WR250 2010?
    i am fairly competent with working on the bike myself but wiring gets me a little. Do i need to splice some wires to squeeze in the thermo fan? will it have any side affects from sucking power?

how easy will hill climbs be if i get a Rekluse clutch and a thermo fan.

Cheers
    Dave