2011 wr150

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Apr 9, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Scot,

Husky is going to sell boat loads of these. I am having trouble imagining it being better than my WR144 is now but it would have to raise awsome to awsome squared. I wish I had someone in my area that I could recommend as a dealer to you but there just isn't a "good" current other brand dealer that is interested. A new dealer would immediately sell 4 or 5 new Husky's in just the group I ride with.

Walt
  2. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    It really needs to be pointed out(and I realize I'm preaching to the choir) the fact that Husqvarnas has within it's line of motorcycles some truly remarkable winners. Bikes like the WR125(now 150) are so good at what they do, so well designed and so reliable that they are really, really good motorcycles any way you measure it. It could even be argued as the "leader" in the class. I realize the level of final execution varies from model to model within the range (which gives the engineers in Italy something to work on) but it's really nice when you see one that is really done "right". The good news is that I can see this coming with the rest of the line. Its cool to see this bike come along. Stay tuned there are more surprises ahead.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Are the brake rotors really not wave?
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Optional coffee maker? :)
  5. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Why not we got a grill.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is my favorite bike on the planet. I have one. :D

Although mine is better than yours. I have a doma pipe, DCL coated / revalved 50mm TC Zokes, resprung / revavled with shock rocker spring isolator shock, Motosportz damper and protection and a new 144 kit install last night. neener neener :D

- Thanks for all you do Scot, much appreciated.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Pffft! When I get through with our 2011 CR 150, It'll make your OLD WR look and perform like Oprah Winfrey at a free, unlimited cheese and wine tasting... :D
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bring it. :cool:
  9. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe the same frame will be used for the wr250 and wr300 ?

Anyone got some pictures ?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Only when they redesign the motor for a left side chain.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hopefully this will be one of the surprises that Scot is talking about, and if not this year maybe next.

Walt
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The WR150 will be an awesome bike and a big seller! My '09 WR125 with the the Factory 144 kit is awesome! Huskys just keep getting better and better.

Not a personal wish, as the 144/150 does it for me.... I know a bunch of riders who would be estatic, if Husky shoehorned the present 250/300 motor with a 6 speed into the 150/250F frame!
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can I have one ?
  14. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Slightly off- topic, but here in Australia the economy is running out of steam. Those you still regularly ride are shying way for expensive running four strokes. There are many old two stroke riders who long for the days for when a good two stroke will be available. Husky’s new 450 bike, while exciting, is unlikely to fined a home in my garage. Too many companies have embraced the “complicate and profit” paradigm. Here in Australia a broken fuel pump will set up back over $1000. Two strokes are not too expensive to run, more so when something engine wise breaks. If Husky were to introduce competitively priced two strokes in Australia, many riders would be attracted. Oil injection and electric start options would be highly desirable. The market here is the weekend trail bike rider not the jump monkeys featured in the US MX magazines. Rant off 
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wonder why they didn't just go ahead and make it a 175 (167cc?) ? As it would be put into the 200cc class anyway. Still.......................Can I have one ?????? Last time I had a small bore Husky was in 1982, Považská Bystrica, Czechoslovakia (now Slovakia). DAMN THEY HAD SOME KNARLY HILLS ! I still have nightmares. LOL. How about you, Scott ?
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

I would buy one tomorrow and even better if it is the DI model. :thumbsup:

Walt
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think I will buy one....no wait......I did buy one.

BTW My Bike will be available at North East gathering for demo rides. When you can pry it from my paws that is!
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I saw some film of you in 83 at ISDE on a Husky 125 and you were doing stuff on that that almost all of us cannot do on the new 150! Same as accomplishments on a CRF230. Maybe I will drag it along to Mid ohio in case there are anyone wanting to check it out more than in a press release.
    Does not mean you can have mine though.:rant:
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Does anyone recall acouple of years back when Gas Gas made a 200cc entry level trail bike called the "Hobby"?
    http://www.gasgasaustralia.com.au/downloads/Reviews/DIRTACTIONHobby20007.pdf
    Not to be confused with the trial based pampera...they simplely took older parts (leftover would be the wrong term...more like those of us that are older who remeber when the MX model got the cool stuff and the XC and enduro line got the same stuff ayear later). Had low seat height...no rebound compression no flash. Just something like a good old enduro 175 back in the day except water cooled and powervalve and discs. Was a great idea but the GG network never was big enough to do so and the whole importer shuffle did not help. Good idea...Dwight...if they did something like Suzuki did in the day when the PE was the racer and the RS was the recreational rider bike. It would have a customer niche that is currently unfilled for sure.

Joe
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I can not wait to see if a new CR note i said CR 150 could be any better then the CR 125 i have that Zip Ty has reworked the suspention on .Send one out west have Ty set it up and lets make some west coast sales .
    I had a friend of mine tell me today he went to he KTM dealer ride at Pala Raceway where he rode all the rew KTMs .He could not beleive how the KTM 150 worked well i had to invite him to ride my Husky and then let me know Come on lets see some new Red and White 150 out west soon We race all year long even at night in the desert
    We can put lights on that 150