1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 WR300 bomb proof mods

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Haydos300, Dec 8, 2012.

1. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    This guy!I bought a KTM side stand strap, drilled a hole in the air box and haven't looked back.
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Nice. Can you post a pic when you get a chance?
    Thanks
  3. Haydos300 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2007 TE510, 2001 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 YZ250F, 1985 RZ300
    Yeah I would like to see some pics on that. Cheers
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will take some pics tonight and post them up
  5. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I just siliconed the ktm strap between the number plate and airbox. Has worked for a year now.
  6. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    righto got my magura hydraulic clutch kit and it is fitted with minimal effort.you need to detach the end part of clutch arm the bit that has the pin holding it on.i used small cut off wheel and grinded it down then punched it out.After that part you need to attach a 520 chain link to the part that came off the main clutch actuator arm,you will need to drill slightly bigger hole to allow the 520 link to attach to it.Now that those to pieces are attached it is time to join the other end of the 520 chain link to the clutch actuator arm and use the same slide clip that joins chains together.once that is done connect the end of the magura clutch setup to it and enjoy silky smooth clutch pull!! like seriously one finger pull now and feels so nice.defiantly one of the best mods you can do to the wr300's.

heres a couple pics.

IMG_1051.JPG IMG_1052.JPG IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1054.JPG
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    so basically that 520 link just extends the new cable? that 520 link looks awful close to the cases, is there enough clearance so doesnt rub case? are these factory directions(chain link) or your ingenuity husky? mate if its that easy seriously then im all over it! have you ridden with it yet and howd it go? this is probably a stupid question but seeing as though its not a 'true' hydro clutch(still utilizes a cable) does it still self modulate/adjust? cable clutch is a sore point for me & many others but for $300 this seems an easy remedy & may get me over the line in buying a runout wr250 for $3000+ cheaper than a berg/gasser! nice work husky3002t
  8. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    Not a bad idea, I have one of those tethers, to bad I lost my kickstand, working our enduro last march, everything but the tab on the frame came off...
  9. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    yes the 520 link extends the clutch actuator rod,it has about 1mm clearance from case.this is a full hydraulic clutch there is no cable and it is fully self adjusting/modulating.first class motorcycles in vic supplied the hydro clutch kit and advised me on how to do it.if you are going to get one shawbagga then contact 100 percent mx and tell them you want a hydro clutch kit with this part no. 0120683-50 167,i reckon they will sell direct for cheaper then $320 which i paid going through first class motorcycles. i have not ridden it on a proper ride yet but did take it around the street and it has far far less clutch drag and feel is just superb.
  10. Haydos300 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2007 TE510, 2001 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 YZ250F, 1985 RZ300
    Nice work! I thought you just used cable ties for all your mods? lol just kidding. Ill get around to the clutch when I have more cash. I have just paid for my rebuild kit for wr250 and my new stand that fell off the 300.

I also have to buy a new rubber boot between the carb and intake. I think the previous owner used some serious truck wash on it and it has heaps of crazy cracks in the rubber. They have got worse so rather than wait until the poor girl leans out thought I'd better replace it!

Jealous on the clutch!
  11. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    lol thought i better give the cable ties a rest........im running out!!! my old 300 had some crazy cracks on the airboot aswell,i also put it down to previous owner using too harsh a chemical when washing bike.sounds like i better go check tension on my stand bolts!!
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    cheers mate i rang first class today & they said $329. didnt order it yet. will check out 100% mx. thanks for the heads up cobber. i didnt mean full cable just the bit from case mount point to actuator arm(similar to gassers 4T i think maybe?). hydraulic actuation of the 4" cable i guess.
  13. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    no problem at all,if its going to help out other 2t husky riders then im all for it,let me know what price 100% mx give you.
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    same price on website, reckon il just go through first class
  15. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    ahh k cant go wrong then.you will not be disappointed thats for sure.
  16. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Apologies but why not buy a ktm:confused: , it has all the things your spending money on and an electric leg as well!!
  17. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    sorry but not everyone wants to ride a pumpkin,and all the mods i have done [money i have spent]to my new husky which are
    bashplate
    radiator guards
    ims tank
    pipe guard
    magura clutch
    i have still saved $1000+ from the cost of a new ktm.........so thats why i didnt buy a pumpkin :rolleyes:
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    cause i dont wanna be a sheep! ill give ktm their dues good motor, clutch etc but they aint the be & end all. they have their issues(airbox, overheating, the worst e-start ever created-that thing is an eyesore that works 50% of the time!) & personally i think theyre a bit fat through the gills, crap plug access & i hate how low the pipe hangs(just waiting to be smashed). im same as husky3002t regarding mods. all the same stuff youd do to a ktm bar the hydro clutch & save $1000s. each to their own i guess
    ray_ray likes this.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    & i despise e-start on a 2T, just adds weight & complexity. 4T too for that matter. unnecessary imho
  20. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I saw a sweet 2012 KTM 500 in my local Husky Dealer's shop. The customer bought it elswhere and had a Husky tech pimpin out his KTM haha. Anyway, the guy had about $9000 into the bike and was putting EVERYTHING on the bike. End of the day, he's gonna have about $12000 into that thing Holy sh1tballs!
    I have a nice 2013 TE449 which was a dealer meeting demo. I paid...lets just say a couple hundred or so below $7000 for it. My WR300...paid about $300 over dealer cost. I have two bikes for a bit over $12k...
    And my right leg works pretty good. I have a "me-start" device on my WR that works great ;)
    shawbagga likes this.