1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by earl61, Nov 29, 2011.

1. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Power_Valves.jpg Walt.jpg Walt was here tonight. Hand filed the power valves to fit my cylinder and then loaned me a perfectly jetted Mikuni to use until mine gets back. People just don't get any better than that. Dan and I are going to take him and John up to Georgetown for a nice ride tomorrow. :banana:
    typeone likes this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep Walt is da man! So he got your 144 going again? Hey you guys have fun tomorrow on your ride.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Now you can go have some fun! Walt = + !

Can't wait to hear your ride report.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Does it really raise the octane?

I use 1/2 110 octane race gas in my 144 and it is expensive and hard to get.
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Yes I'm curious too.....I do know that 927 is not recommended for alcohol based mixtures...and a fair number of octane boosters are alcohol derived MTBE's......it must be toluene based ???

Maxima says 1 oz per gallon raises octane 4 points...
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I use Torco accelorator with great results , it is unleaded base and have and no lead fouled plugs like you get with race gas sometimes
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Everywhere that I have read states that a "point" is .1 octane. So 92 pump gas with a 4 point increase would result in 92.4 octane. Not worth the money to me.
  9. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    also keep in mind that North america 92 pump premium is the same or very close to the europe RON 98 that Husky and most companies specify....

92 is AKI

In most areas of the world, the Research Octane Number (RON) is used, but in North America, the Anti-Knock Index (AKI) is used. Conventional 'standard' "Premium Unleaded" petrol in the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia has an octane rating of 95 RON, and in North America it is AKI/RdON/PON 91-93 (RON 96–98). However, higher octane "Super Unleaded" - often formulated with higher quality additives, is usually set at around 98 RON in mainland Europe; but this can vary by market. Most oil/petroleum companies now 'market' their own Super Unleaded petrols under a unique name - and the current name for Shell Super Unleaded fuel is "V-Power". Like most Super Unleaded petrols, V-Power also contains higher concentrations of detergents and other additives to help clean the engine and smooth its operation
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think I will try that Torco next spring. Just read up on it and looks good.
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    IMO...It is a complete waste of money to use "octance booster" type product....if you are using 92 octance or higher and still having problems with overheating and such you need to go to "race gas"...the money you are spending on the "octane boosters" is really money you just pissed away for no real gain....

I have run 92 octane in my 125s out in the Cali Desert and running them very hard in BITD, D 37, all the way to KY HS races without a single problem....
  12. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Totally disagree, A ricerocket buider in town uses the Torco excusively on 300-500hp high boost Evo's. I have seen the dyno graph's, it is the real deal.:oldman:
  13. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Here's a quick one. I got up early this morning and put the Husky motor together in about an hour. I spent more time making brackets to mount a 2002 Pro Circuit pipe that Dan had in his shop. Walt and John picked me up and we ended up at the Georgetown OHV area. Dan was already there with three other riders he invited. It was immediately apparent that my new bike is now exactly what I was hoping for. A 125 on steroids! Walt's Mikuni carb was jetted so crisp and clean from top to bottom it was amazing. The WR pulls strong everywhere now and has way more power. No bog or flat spot or hesitation at all, just lots of power. I rode Walt's 165 for a while and boy is it different. Lots of power off the bottom and midrange and then it signs off. It sure works for Walt and John but it's not for me. Thanks again to Walt for all his help and if you have a 2012 WR125, never fear - the 150 kits are on the way and I will post Walt's jetting specs. I think Husky needs to hire Walt as a technical expert on the little bikes. :cheers:
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Awesome I was really hoping you would get the 144 going! BTW I said Husky should hire Walt a long time ago. I look forward to reading your jetting specs. It is crazy just how much better a 144 pulls over a 125; unreal. Congrats on your new 144!
  15. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Celtic,
    Great news! I'm guessing you didn't get your carb back from RB? Got mine back but have yet to be able to try it. Still waiting for my 144 kit, was told it should be here shortly, but I'm not going to immediately install it. Are you running Walt's PV spring kit or stock? Don't forget to post the jetting/needle specs for us!
    Thanks
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Go have some fun! I always say, the secret is in the sauce! Just the right ingredients/spices!
  17. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    that is the way a dealer should be...sounds like he has a customer for life....
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Great news CelticDude.
  19. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you gotten into the carb to find out the jetting yet?
  20. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Not yet but I'm going to do that today. My carb has shipped from RB Designs and should be here tomorrow. Walt's jetting secrets revealed! :eek: