1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2012 2t Rumours

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Croc, Sep 4, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Well shucks ... if Rasputin is on the inside ... Lets hear a little more ...
  2. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Ossa's DI engine

Just found this......very interesting

Attached Files:

3. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Doesn't look like direct injection, just fuel injection. I guess they are just doing it for packaging reasons to allow them to move components around?

If you want direct injection on your 125cc bike you'll have to talk the greenies into helping you, it seems they are trying harder to bring direct injection to 125s than the manufacturers :D

http://www.envirofit.org/?q=our-products/2-stroke-retrofit/technology/retrofit-kit
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

not sure what is so compliacted about the process..
    my triple cylinder 2 stroke PWC has fuel injection and a variable rate oil injection.

Mate a nice 500 cc single slug counter balanced 2 stroke, wide ratio gear box, fuel injected and vairable rate oil injection and I'll get in line.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This article looks almost like a different scenario from what we are expecting here on a modern / high performance 2 stroke engine ...

These guys are looking for a way to make the many, many small 2T engines from mostly 3rd world countries move efficient ... not sure this will fit a 250CR Husky
  6. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    For anyone who didn't read the article ray_ray and I were referring to, envirofit is working to clean up the world by bringing cleaner yet still affordable tech to poorer countries. Places where two strokes are all over and they are smart enough to realize that they aren't going away anytime soon. The average guy who can only afford a 50cc 10 year old scooter isn't about to replace it anytime soon just to buy a cleaner version that weighs more and struggles to climb hills so he can say he rides a four stroke.

It's a noble goal, who knows if they'll get anywhere but they probably wouldn't be keen on the idea of helping relatively rich (we can afford modern toys, we're relatively rich in my mind) people gain access to more of the forest. I wonder if the idea was a failure though (maybe just not cost effective?) as reading their website I noticed that for the past year at least they haven't uttered a peep about the retrofit kits and now they seem focused on cook stoves.

They were working on the tons of air cooled 125s all over asia (as in bikes in such large numbers they actually noticeably contribute to air pollution) with retrofit kits like this....

[IMG]

I wonder if they'll have any success? If they can get some sort of funding to give them away then those users would probably jump at the chance to get the better fuel economy but I have a hard time seeing them paying $500 to upgrade a scooter that probably didn't cost them much more than that.
  7. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Wait, I've got an idea to make it work. It appears the kit comes with everything but displayed except the balding middle aged white guy.

[IMG]

If we add CafeHusky's resident balding middle aged white guy and have Kelly swap out that air cooled head for a Husky liquid cooled head we're in business!

What's could go wrong :D

Good by MotoSportz carb kit, hello MotoSportz DI kit. That 13mm throttle body in the pic should eliminate low end bog and give us a great idle. Attaining more than 12hp may present a challenge.
  8. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I stand corrected, it is FI not DI