2012: Best Year on Record for BMW Motorrad

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jan 10, 2013.

1. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

T
    Those are factory production sales numbers, how those sales are reported as they happen (stale date etc...) is another matter.
  2. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    The Asphalt And Rubber blog (who love Husky) posted this news with a caveat a few days ago:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/husqvarna-sales-2012/#more-39128

Hopefully income from the roadbikes will subsidise development of updated strokers and perhaps some big thumpers that are more acceptable to the (rather conservative) dirtbike market. Wait and see I guess. :)
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I was wondering how the street models affected sales. Think of how late of a release the terra and strada are with those kinds of numbers too. Brand awareness is a big part of this. Husky really needs to put out some kids bikes. I don't just mean 2 stroke 65's but some 80-100cc 4's. my son always wants to ride whatever I have (because a 7 year old still thinks I'm cool lol). It would stick with him when's he's older if he was raised on them and they continued to make competitive bikes. I can see husqvarna turning into a much larger brand then what it currently is. The dirt side of the house is nice and all but it would be great to see a completely balanced line. I would love to have a sport bike next to a touring and dirt bike :).
  4. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),

I like the brand, I buy them as long as they exist, and I enjoy riding them. Simple process for me. I only worry about what I have control over.

P.s I do hope the brand grows and is with us along time. But, with that said - if there is a market and a need, there will always be someone, if not Husqvarna, to provide for that.