1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 cr125 on the way! (or wr125?)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Enjoy that new bike! Husky 125's are the best deal in a dirt bike today, without a doubt!
    12/52.... that's crazy gearing, not tractor gearing. What's top speed with that? With 13/52 on a WR125 or 144, I can cruise down an enduro road section at 1/4 throttle doing 45 mph. I guess you could peel the stickers off my WR with a CR, until about 30 mph and then look out!
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Awesome video jmetteer!:thumbsup:. The trails I ride look almost the same as yours! I'm looking forward to riding them on the cr as I enjoy them already on my husaberg450. Bet I won't have my tongue hanging out as far though!:lol: Once again, thanks go out to everyone for their thoughts and opinions and I will keep everyone posted on things. Take care:D
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I came off a Husky TE400 single cam, very much like your Husy 450. It's an awesome bike, in open stuff and grass tracks... you feel like Stefan Merriman. I wasn't man enough to handle it in tight and technical single track though. I had come off 2 strokes... 250WR, 430WR, WR250 and always thought I wasn't skilled enough to ride a 125 though. I got to demo an '06 CR125 and was hooked! I traded my '01 TE400 for a clean '02 WR125 and then bought the '09 WR125 new. I have been a small bore guy for 6 years now and love them. The '09 WR125 is now a 165 and it's the "Bomb", but I'd gladly go back to a 125 or 144 and just work a little harder. You are going to be over the moon, when you get to ride it!
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It should be fun! I've owned many different bikes and ridden all of them in the bush, I rode my '79 or390 for two years in the trails every weekend and it's a tractor with eye-watering top-end! I only ride it once in a while now as I want to keep it in good shape and it's too pretty to get dirty all the time:lol:. The last 125 2-stroke I owned was a1974 honda cr125 elsinore with a light-switch power-band, I was 13 years old at the time and spent most of the time on the back wheel or on the ground, that was a steep learning curve!:lol: I also had a 1987 honda xr250,1988 honda cr250,1973 honda trail 90(a riot in the trails!),2002 kawasaki kx250,1987 ktm 250exc (nice power for trails-poor everything else!) I like my husaberg for all types of riding and have it set-up really well but am definately pumped on the new cr!:thumbsup: I also want to put the word out to everyone about seal-savers or fork-skins as they are sometimes called.They are great! They really extend fork seal life especially in muddy conditions( I did the seals twice in a year and a half with-out them on my husaberg and now with them I have gone 2 years with-out a weep!) They will be going on the cr for sure!:thumbsup:
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I went and saw my husky dealer today to check on when my bike will be delivered, looks like I will be waiting another week:(! All well I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I had to settle for buying some goodies for it to set it up for the trails.(hand-guards, ordered a 52 tooth stealth rear sprocket,they had a 53 in stock but I think that the 13-53 combo would make my left foot a little too busy!) I also ordered a spare air filter for it and nobody has a listing for a 2012 model so I went with a factory one. Anybody know if the air filter from an earlier model will work?:thinking: The weather is getting better here and I am itching to ride the little rocket! I will keep everyone up-dated and give a report on the dis-assembly/reassembly process when I finally get the bike! Take care everyone:).
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My dealer called today, I should have my new husky this week:thumbsup: I have a question about the type of grease for the swing-arm pivot bearings and suspension linkage bearings, steering head bearings, I have always used moly grease for these and bel-ray water-proof grease for wheel bearings and seals with good results. Just wondering if anybody knows of anything better for this? Thanks in advance every-one!