2012 GsaGas

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by dcg141, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like it but not wild over it. They must have found some money recently because after hardly changing the bikes in years the last few seem like they change everything which is expensive. will be interesting to see where they go and how the bikes work out.
  2. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

GG certainly seems to be doing a good job of trying to pry open my wallet..........

Buggers.....:D
  3. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky better update their 2T's, otherwise I WILL have two GG's in my garage in 2012/2013
    fletchman45 likes this.
  4. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got tired of waiting on Husky and made the move to gasser last year, best thing I ever did. If husky get their 2 stroke program together I might come back.
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Am I imagining things? Hasn't Gas Gas been using the same old motors that have been around for years... making minor tweaks and evolutionary upgrades... just like Husky? Don't get me wrong. I miss my 2011 Gas Gas EC 300 terribly. Bad mistake selling it. :banghead: But I think it's a BIG stretch to argue that Gas Gas has made revolutionary strides in 2 stroke development over the past several years. The 2012 pics look promising. But I'll bet the guts of the power train are based on "old reliable"... just like Husky.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Correct. And having ridden both i would not say the GG is better just different. Buddy of mine sold a 07 WR250 to get a new 08 GG 6days and although it was a good bike kicked himself and wanted the WR back. They are all good, you just need to buy what works for you. For the bargin prices the WR's go for i would get one of those and have the suspension done and buy protective stuff and still be money ahead.
    lankydoug likes this.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    +1 I think that GasGas does a good job of making small changes every year based on customer feedback. I own a GasGas but bought a Husky because it gave me $2000 extra dollars to spend on my bike.

Another thing to consider is that the weak dollar is going to make the Gasser close to 8K. Now imagine you have a left over 2010 Husky and $3000 to spend.

If you're a 2t guy and bought a new 2005-2012 of just about any top brand and set it up like you want you could win on it if you can ride. (emphasis on If you can ride) Lets face it a different frame material with the same geometry, 4 less pounds, a new brake pedal or air filter won't by itself get you on the podium. An AAA rider could probably kick most of our butts on a vintage bike while we rode a 2012 of any brand.

All that said if I hit the lotto I would probably give a 2012 a shot... just because I ride slow doesn't mean I can't have fun.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats a fact jack...i can vouche for this lol
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sort of the same for me... Dirt Rider article on the '11 XC125 Six Days caught my interest. I'm very fortunate, that my newly released, not leftover '09 WR125 arrived during the Husky Heroes promotion. I know it's 2 years later, but the XC125 is $2000 more than I payed for the WR125, with rebate and dealer discount. As LD said.... it pays for a lot of upgrades.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Do like the new Gassers. In reality, with the world economies, don't think you'll see drastic changes in all the bikes. Now they are forecasting the ship to turn around in about 5 years. If both bikes that I own are about the same as the new ones. Maybe just spend time focusing on engine performance and get the suspension dialed in better. People are just not spending $$$ when you don't know what is round the corner for fuel prices, taxes, new health care and business world keeps cutting employees. If we go back to a double dipper you can bet furloughs,no raises and more lay offs will come. I looked at a new truck and the price tag is $40k+,what a joke, so decided to stick several grand in mine to get another 100,000 miles out of it.
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There is alot to be said about all of this. The Gasser costs more money, however does come with super nice componets. Also you are paying a little extra for perhaps being a freak. They are surly more exotic then a Husky and for sure as much as i love Husky look MUCH cooler!!! I know from my past experience they are very reliable to. Husky better change some stuff, or I will have a Gasser or 2 in my garage. Factor in a slightly used Gasser and your in Husky territory. Leaning towards a Gasser everyday. Lucky, like and idiot I bought a new truck and I'm broke !
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The new GasGas bikes along with the new frame, air filter, air box also has a completely new cylinder, PV set up, revised rear linkage set up, larger gas tank, new plastics, seat, complete new clutch set up, and BNG. There are probably a few more thing I forgot. I love my 08 Husky CR144 but it will have some 2012 GG 200 company ASAP.
  13. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

When it comes time to add a 250 Gasgas will be on the top of my list. The new bike looks really nice. Hopefully Husky will take a break from the thumper development and give the WR250 some attention soon.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Read Bills dealer meeting post, new husky 2 stokes are coming. :cheers:
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Caught that and encouraging! + Bill
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

GG has a decent engine and it has been around about 15 years or so. I can't stand the perimeter frame !
  17. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I like to have my ankles behind the frame so when a log pops up and forces my foot in/back I don't limp for a week. That frame looks like it fails that test or is borderline at the best.

Might I ask what is an AAA rider? In enduro and hare scrambles the top 15 become AA for the next season. At least last time I paid attention.
  18. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I ended up changing the pegs on my 2011 GG to moose hybrids with 1/2 rear offset...but the bike had good ergo's right out of the box(6'1@200 here) and its pretty comfy...I would say for anyone making a switch to GG..you going to love the lightweight feel at the front and how easy the bike responds to weighting the foot pegs.....the turning is amazing and you feel lower to the ground....

BUT the "quicker" geometry set up makes the bike pretty lively though at higher speeds however... and its a good idea to have a steering damper if your going to be doing a lot of flat out stuff....but in the woods you cant beat the feel

I really cant say what to expect for 2012 if the geometry has been changed much with the new frame and subframe
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Troy I'll let you know in how the 2012's feel in November.
    raisrx251 likes this.
  20. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    The new in-house Christini 2 strokes use the GG 300 motor and I think I read somewhere that another mfg was using GG motors. They must be doing something right.