2012 TC250

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Degg, what are these alternate cams that you speak of?
  2. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am interested too!
    JS
  3. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the stock cams reground to my spec, but they are designed to work in conjunction with the revised porting. I have not tried them with the stock porting, but the stock porting is terrible, forcing the fuel mixture all toward the front of the combustion chamber. With these changes and jetting our carburated 2010 TC starts easily hot or cold. We let racers test ride this combo this spring at Southwick and everyone felt the bike was as powerful as any 250 out there. The bike never got a rest all day as everyone wanted to swing a leg over it.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Degg that does sound good what would a job like that cost? On the 2012 TC 250.... that may make me get another 4-stroke!
    Pedec likes this.
  5. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll have to look up the price I got charged for the cams to get reground. I think I will get some cores so I can offer an exchange instead of having to wait two weeks, like I had to. I did it over the winter so it wasn't so bad. By the way still use the stock exhaust. The porting is 250.00
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No we went with the Leo slip on and that with Hall's jetting and a few other carb mods made a huge difference with the bike. Starting hot or cold is much improved as is the overall power. I think it was the biggest gain I've picked up with so little an investment on a dirt bike. My problem with the 4-strokes is I can't/haven't ever messed with anything inside the engines.
  7. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

When you consider the average price of an aftermarket exhaust, and if you ever saw the burn pattern in the combustion from the poor stock porting, the price makes more sense to me. On a 4 stroke the cams are the heart of the engine, not bigger cams just proper duration for the intended use.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    quoted from Husqvarna NA statement about the 2012 TC250,
    "Here's a couple of highlights (but I can't spill the bag yet...) New piston is lighter and freer-revving, based on F1 technology. New cylinder head design originating from BMW’s F1 program."
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've been really really busy working on other things, anyone have a link to the bmw F1 program?
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Coffee,
    I believe officially at the present time there is no BMW F1 program last affiliation was with the Peter Sauber F1 team. However the "M" division is still in full swing in the sports and sportsprototype car racing scene.
    http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en

I can never forget (and always mention) the F1 turbo era BMW powered 1500cc motors of the 80s, pushing 1200hp in qualifying trim, BMW still has the record for the most powerful F1 engines ever. BMW knows a thing or 2 about building engines. In addition by all the rumors in the racing world they don't like that KTM (or other brands) are dominating off-road/MX/enduro racing, continuing good news for our brand of choice. (looks like 2 enduro world championships are forthcoming as we speak, giant steps are being taken for sure).
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    BMW car racing sounds like a perfect topic for a thread in the Diner :)

I am looking forward to that. Earlier this year I joined a forum dedicated to F1 racing. :cheers:
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That is the attitude Husky needs ... Get mad at those pumpkins!
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes get mad then get better than even; works for me.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Worked for Cool Hand Luke also when he was eating those 50 eggs :0 )
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL that was funny and sick at the same time!
  16. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

They definitely have the technology, now they need to apply it with the husky. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel, just make a better wheel!!! The 250 4 strokes in MX need to Rip, they already have the handling down so give it some motor!!! and apply the bodywork from the 449 and they will have a truly amazing bike.
  17. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Crazy thing is, those were four cylinders!
    The last BMW F-1 egines were known to be some of the most powerful. Having that technology should definately help Husqvarna.
    F-1 is going back to turbos next year.
    GP
  18. slyfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cycle news has more info on the 2012 motocross bikes
  19. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

i ordered one on September en got in in October, but realy like the bike. Had an cr144 from 2007 before.
    Changed the stock ecu to GET from Athena and taken out the Db killer in the stock exhaust
    The performance is good and more than i need :-)

Attached Files:

WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just wish they would do a head up test between a STOCK TC 250 against a Walt Smith CR 165

My money is on the 165 Plus with all the saving you get ridding a 2 stroke you might just race more offen
    R-J van Hulst likes this.