1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 wr300 clutch problem!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by craig ferrero, Jul 18, 2013.

1. blamecanada Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 Harley- Ultra Classic
    Any once have a part number for the Motion Pro cable...i'd really like to try this fix, I find it a pain when i'm in the technical stuff and cant feather the clutch to play around.

Thanks guys!!
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I cant remember the PN but give Scott at Toytech a call. I believe he has a couple in stock and I know he ships worldwide.
    (717) 469-9484
    He is open today (Saturday) from 9-2
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The part number is on their website.
    #10-0154
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
  5. blamecanada Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 Harley- Ultra Classic
    Thanks for the replies guys.....Just one more question---> Anything else needed to complete this install?

:)
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For what it worth I use the motion pro cable BUT I have it made 3 inches shorter I run the cable up the left side over the motor to the right side rad up along the right side rad by fram then up to the handle bars over to the clutch handle I use a arc lever Works better In fact I feel no need to even think of changing to a hydrilic system Learned this from Zip Ty Racing Why have 3 more inches of cable to pull on when it is not needed also cable is now NOT out front where it could get damaged My clutch works great and I run 20 50 oil once warmed up will start in gear
    454x likes this.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you have any metal fab experience or friends who do, I would suggest adding 5 mm length to the clutch actuator arm for a slightly lighter pull.
  8. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    For the OP, it really doesn't sound like he did what Dame said in the first reply. He kept talking about the 2 adjusters, but the one that makes the most impact he never mentioned, even after being told about it.

For the longer actuator arm, I noticed while messing with a '92 360 engine that it appears they had a longer arm from the factory. I'm going to look at this a bit more, but the clutch on that bike had a ridiculously nice pull too it. I think I have another one in my box of parts, so, I'll check if it fits with a newer 300. It could be another nice old part to put to use.
    454x likes this.
  9. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's cool. That would make it a lot easier for guys to plug and play so to speak.
  10. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

The MP cable will fit same as stock, nothing else needed. I put one on my bike and the clutch works great with ATF type F. I've never taken the cover off to check the internal adjustment, no need.
    blamecanada likes this.
  11. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Just got my cable from MP yesterday and I have to comment on dealing with the company itself. Service was perfect, time from payment to landing at my office in Australia only 1 week (this is fast, trust me.), cable was boxed as well as any item Ive ever received in to post. Cable looks like something that superman would use to walk his dog, I never thought I'd see the difference but without even installing you can see how well made it is. Hopefully get a chance to install it over the next few nights and hopefully alleviates some of the dragging. Anyone from OZ wondering on price, worked out the same price as a stock one landed to my door.
  12. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Just make sure you lube it before installing it. I didn't notice much of a difference when I installed mine and then when I lubed it, I noticed the difference.
  13. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Cool thanks, she's lubed and ready to go.