1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 wr300,keep sucking water!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Glenn haynes, Apr 29, 2013.

1. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    every one RAVING bout the lectron... what dont you like about it?.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    So far I don't like how all the punch and personality of my bike seems to have disappeared. If it runs clean, it's too lean and gutless. If I get some power out of it, it gets smokey and the exhaust has waaaaay too much drool running all over the silencer, chainguard, swingarm and rear wheel. Plus that, even though the float level doesn't look too high, the carb piddles fuel onto the engine case on every ride....so I might have to lower the float level a bit anyway. So far, I have been able to make the bike run about like my KDX220. I think that I will have better luck with the Mikuni.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Maybe you got a wonky needle or seat. Has Lectron offered to help you sort this out? It makes no sense to me because mine was awesome right away and only gets better with little tweeks. My mikuni is only going back on the bike when I sell it.
    huskybear likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I haven't contacted Lectron just yet.
  5. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    Would like to update my status. It was just a coincidence that the new coil fix my problem,the real problem ended up being a chafed wire running along the coil bracket,when I plugged in the new one I must of took it away from ground allowing it to run. I found this after sitting in the woods 2mile from the finish line on the last lap today. all good now.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Mine has been lousy since it was new, but I'll check the wires anyway.
  7. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 WR 300 , Got the carb vent tubes teed off in the air box, got the stator sealed off with 10cc of trans fluid and a vent tube up high and yesterday i was doing a long water crossing ( about 30 feet and 2 1/2 ft deep and 5 ft before the end the bike died ! pulled the plug kicked it a few no water spitting out( maybe a little water on the plug) ,washed the plug with some gas ,10 more kicks and off i go! any ideas?
  8. rcastro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had huge problems with water crossing but mainly with water been sucked via the airbox. I now use a peice of foam to seal the drain hole and fabricated with a rubber sheet a piece of rubber fixed by rivets and gluw at the front and sides of the airbox and going over the fuel tank, raplacing the origina one but with better sealing surface. Amazingly it works perfectly!!! No problems anymore. Huge water crossing here last week and not a single drop od water inside the airbox! Will place some pictures in case anyone is interested.
    shawbagga and Dirtdame like this.
  9. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes please post pics ! Thanks !!!
  10. rcastro Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK, the air filter is not dirty, its old! Will replace soon. Have to take off the side pannels in order you see the rubber sheet also on the sides. It is glued under the alu subframe. I placed the voltage regulator also inside the airbox filter as it was messing with the front light wires.

Attached Files:

11. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks !!!
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh its water coming in through the bottom of the airbox(& maybe the top if youre gunning it through the water!) that causes the dramas. I had same issues even after rerouting the breathers. bit of porous foam that stops the water getting in but slowly lets it out if it does get in there is the trick. or seal it up completely with silicone or the like & drill a small 5mm-6mm hole in each corner of the bottom of the airbox. the new wr125s have a much better airbox design. how does the berg 350 go with the water? I think the 4 strokes are a bit higher up with their intake than the 2Ts which aren't very good swimmers from my experience?!
  13. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I haven't run the berg through the deep long crossings yet, Cause i really love tearing up the single track with my WR !!!