1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 wr300 kickstart issue

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by craig ferrero, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    At five feet, five inches tall, I have to make sure that I always have some place to get some height on the machine, like a berm. rock, log, even a fence post to hang onto and steady myself while I stand on the peg and kick the machine. If I get stopped on flat ground with no objects around to help me, I end up wheeling the bike to some place that has the physical features to give me an advantage. Sometimes, I kick the machine better if I am standing next to the bike on the right side and kicking it with my left leg.
    apariah likes this.
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I'm 5'8" and if I could get the old school left side kicker so I could stand next to the bike on the left and kick it with my right boot, I would love it!
  3. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    correction, 6'4"
  4. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    assuming your engine is in good condition, assuming your ignition is in good condition
    these can both be checked using simple tests, is the spark good if so ignition is OK, is your commpresion such that getting it past TDC is hard your engine should be fine
    if the bike is fairly new then reeds should not be an issue
    so we look to the carb, the jetting has little if anything to do with starting it, if your engine is worn to the point it will kick fast then it's possible you might be starting into the pilot jet but otherwise typically starting has to do with the idle air screw, it allows air to feed behind the jet cucuit at low speed and most definitely affects starting
    if your bike won't start and your plug is dry screw it in if wet screw it out
    tip: the starter enricher is for pulling fuel to the back of the slide, the best speed on the kicker is slow to take advantage of the reed pulse
    I have had great results over the years to,, and this is my ritual, turn on the fuel, put on my gear, lift fuel enricher , slowly cycle engine twice, turn off enricher, push just past TDC and kick it like you mean it, typically it fires right off
    so what we did was pull fuel into the intake, then suck it with air into an engine that shoul start
    altitude and temperature will affect starting if hot out, one cycle kick should do the trick and cold 3 would work, or just adjust the air screw to compensate when it's colder you lift the needle and run a bigger jet so screw the air screw in to mirror that
    when you have a problem always start with the basics
    Schrup likes this.
  5. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    my 2012 WR300 had an intermittent fault with the stator from new.spark 3 times,weak spark 2 or 3 times,no spark 2 or 3 times etc etc.still did not start easy,then found the R_little post,now it starts easy despite the short,high kick start lever.i am 6 foot & have to stand on foot pegs
  6. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    i had lots of probs that a warranty replacement of the stator mostly fixed.check consistency of spark.2011 to 2013 2 strokes have ducati ignition made in india.i wonder if the 2010 & earlier fits/works.the more i look the more probs i hear about.
  7. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I have an 09 I was never able to get mine started no matter what I did, kicked it til I screwed my knee up, rolled it down the big hill, even towed it, no go. Ordered a PWK started 2nd kick.

I've been riding this bike for 3 years and It's still a tough bike to kick even though I'm 6'2" 195.