1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 WR300 opinions? Converting from TE510 maybe...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Neesmo31, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow, I weighed mine with a 3.9 gallon IMS tank full of fuel, EE barkbusters, rear rack, Uptite skid plate, Terrorflex rear tire (heavy), Buell headlight & windshield conversion & it weighed in at 305 lbs.

P.S. I'm also looking into getting a WR300. Any Canadian got a plated WR they wanna trade for???:D
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Steve-Oh plated his in Lethbridge, AB.
  3. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    Picking up my 2013 WR300 this week. :) See how she goes in comparison to the 510.... Slung my leg over the 250 though, they are very high from factory, going to get the suspension lowered around 40-50mm to make it a bit more trail freindly for me.
  4. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    300 reasons to go for a ride this weekend :) Wonder how she goes..... just have to jet it now, removed the stupid standard ADR pipe, and need to take off the carby blocking plate and throttle stop. I have put my flexxbars on it and also my -5mm husky billet pegs already.
    IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    looks good mate, you gotta bit of a collection of bikes there in the background! bit slack of your dealer - mine came rejetted, proper pipe on(throw that ADR POS in the bin trust me!), slide changed over from 5.0 to 4.0 or vice versa(cant remember-which ever is the better slide :)) & no throttle stop or carb blocking plate!? hope you gotta good deal mate. im looking at a ec250r but if gasgas dont pull their finger out re delivery dates im just gonna get a wr250 instead-$2k cheaper too! tips galore on here for set up etc. let us know how she goes.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    yeh looks the goods - hope you like it . Good choice .

How are these flex bars everyone seems to be using ? expensive but sound good and wondering how they feel
  7. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys. That is actually at the dealers shed lol, we are good freinds so Im putting it together for him to help him out as hes really busy. Yeah I cannot believe the standard pipe! Terrible to say the least. Hopefully it all goes well.

As far as the Flexxbars are concerned, I put them on to take some vibrations out of the 510 and I must say they do work well. Im my case they remove around, say 30-40% of vibes. They are not the be all end all of anti-vibration bars, but they do work pretty damn well. I thought they might have been "loose" feeling etc, but they are an excellent product and very well made.

Are a tiny bit dissapointed of the fit'n'finish of the new husky. Seems that they are probably trying to save money here and there too :(
  8. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hmm. Was an absolute pain to get started as the engine has old oil/fuel internally.... but ran fine after that passed through it. Lots of white smoke - lots... Nice note :) looks nice :) very smooth :) very happy :)

However.... the rear brake lever, almost impossible to get my foot on as it seems its tucked into the bike more than it should be, i will pull it off and bend the lever out so i can actually get my foot onto it!

But apart from that all good - running it in atm at 35:1 then will step up to 50:1 Motul M800, have to change the pilot and tinker with the carb a bit (mechanic will anyway). Happy days. But its very high as well.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    did exact same thing with my brake lever, much better but youd probly wanna run a brake snake as it hangs out in the breeze a bit. dunno if they would have changed em but the brake tip on mine was more 'isoceles triangular' than right angle triangle(back section of tip closest to peg) so i cut it & rewelded it while bending it away from peg to make it more square(like any other normal brake tip). gained an extra 5mm-10mm of clearance for me foot & no difference in feel of brake tip.
  10. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    I tried it with my riding boots yesterday and it actually wasnt too bad at all. the tip of the boot just managed to grab the brake while not being in the way too much. i will measure the difference between the 510 and the 300 tonight and have a bit of a tinker. at least the gear lever is easy to get off. the 510 is almost impossible!
  11. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Plus I dont think these michellins are much chop.... I never like the mitchys.
  12. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    310 was my first chioce before i bought any huskies. but i definutely want the 300 for the weight difference and simplicity.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    fronts not too bad, rear is poo. just put ya front wheel against a wall & smoke that bad boy up! neighbours love that type of behaviour. :)
  14. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    3 bikes and constant working on my car, they are already cranky lol....
  15. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    300 goes very well . Certainly no 510 but still awesome. There is a mid range rattle though, sounds almost like pinging, but only happens mid rpm. When you fully open it up and get the revs higher it seems to go away. Could it be something to do with the power valve? Sounds like my old Kdx... Does all 300s make this noise? Or do I need to richen up? Ive put about 40 kilometers on it and running it in at about 40:1 first small batch was 35:1. Please help - or am I being paranoid
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Check all your jetting. You should be running the GAY needle, a 40 pilot jet, #4 slide, #80 starter jet and 420 main jet to be in the ballpark..
  17. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    All the jetting was changed from what was standard. Came with the mikuni kit....
  18. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Neesmo, I had a 2010 model. Great bike apart from some small issues that turn to be major ones for me, i hope you have better luck. 1.. the kill switch died, it seems they have an issue, if you find it hard to start for what ever reason this could be the culprit. I took it back and they just ran an A/M one all good.. 2.. The biggest issue i found was getting the forks to do there thing. I ended up changing to 0.48 forks springs. This help to some degree, but the biggest problem was figuring out the rebound setting. Be cautious here, it feels like it is the compression but it aint.. The KYB on my bike seemed to like a faster rebound setting. Fork oil height greatly affected the feel of the front. Start on the low side and work you way up at around 10ml at a time. All in all I found the 300 a charging ball biter to ride. It can even run upto a 15th front no problems. I did around 4000klms on a std piston and rings. I sold it still on std. No piston rattle, a little down on comp.. They really do need to go to a button.. I am not sure on how much more Husky can squeeze out of this model.
  19. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is very good mileage on the piston! I have found the forks to be very stiff, and when riding over potholes etc the front bounces around too much - will have to adjust...
  20. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I need to do something with my rear brake lever also. I really have a hard time when I stand since you have to turn your foot in so far to hit the pedal. Is there an aftermarket solution?