2013 CR125 / CR144 test

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MotoMarc36, Mar 9, 2013.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You know something must be different with the 08 CR and the newer CR's. My 08 wasn't peaky or narrow. It also had more everywhere over my 06 RM with Fatty. I do remember Walt saying their was a difference but can't remember when the change was made or what effect it had. I wonder if the 09 and up would feel different to me... lol I do know the WB165 will cure any peaky feeling :D. I did run a Fatty on my 08 along with a 50 rear. I tried the 52 but that was WAY to big as my old self couldn't keep up with the shifts :oldman:.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I find it interesting that MX riders seem to think heavy fork springs are needed to control bottoming. Bottoming is controlled by damping. Springs control the ride height and sags. Too heavy a fork spring and you need too much preload on rear to try and push the forks down into the corners. When I first got my bike, everyone commented on how it looked like I was riding a chopper. Not enough rider sag in front. But I guess that I have been setting up the suspension wrong all these years.
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I'm not touching that one.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

09 was a new cylinder with a totally different port configuration. The 04-08 CR125 are the strongest of the bunch IMHO.
    john01 likes this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I knew my little Husky was no wimp :D! Thanks K now I feel better :cheers:.
  6. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    sowers711, 454x and MotoMarc36 like this.
  7. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    ^ Bike & Rider that won the Husky 125 Challenge. I should get my cylinder/head back any day, got same treatment!:D
    sowers711, 454x and Zomby woof like this.
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I thought about sending mine out to have the timing corrected, or even just having it ported, but I'm so happy with it now, I'm afraid to touch it. Let us know it works out for you.
    Ken Hynes likes this.
  9. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Will do. I'm super excited! I went for the full-potential C12 racegas build.:banana:
    robertaccio and john01 like this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That thing is gonna fly! Look forward to your ride report too.
  11. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm stoked on my new 14 cr125. I put in about 3 1/2 hours total on it. 1 1/2 hours today...
    I rode at milestone mx (same place as the original video test by Gary Sutherland). My 1st ride with the bike was totally stock . The jetting left something to be desired. I switched to the rm 125 needle 16-62 in the 2nd position. 35 pj. A/S adjusted for crisp response. Temps were in the 60's today. I also adjusted the pv so the gap is above the bolt as far as possible. With the jetting and pv adjustment the bike ripped from mid to top. It has had a "bog" from closed throttle to 1/3 throttle from day one. I'm not sure how to get rid of it or if I do, will I lose the over rev?
    Suspension has a mid stroke harshness that I'm going to look in to. I weigh 195 + gear. I like slightly heavy spring rates with light valving. I am looking in to having ZipTy racing do a re spring / valve job. This bike is for moto only . I ride / race vet intermediate .
    I'm so glad I got this bike. It's so fun....
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That bog might be from your PV setting. They have a bog than hit if you adjust them with the bolt low in the slot. You want it above half way up the slot with just a little gap showing under the bolt in my experience. This makes the bog much less and adds bottom.
  13. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    I will try that. Will I lose any top end or over rev? I like holding the gear for a long interval....
  14. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    What is a good source for springs? I checked race tech's sight and they didn't list the 2013 husky.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

that depends on your prefered setup. I am the same weight, maybe slightly more and run a 5.6 and it is perfect for me.
  16. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    So where can I get springs for my bike? 2014 cr125.....
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

many places. I get mine from House of horsepower / cannon racecraft. http://www.houseofhorsepower.com/