2013 TC250R report...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 20, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    WR,
    Somewhere I read they added an aux main bearing? to minimize crank flex/vibes and add engine longetivity, I thought I saw that somewhere, no? RN
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I believe you are right.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    So, today I got a chance to do some comparison of the '12 to the '13 at the local dealer in Rock Hill, SC. I wasn't allowed to remove the air filter to compare the guts of the air boot, but externally, they seemed identical up to the intake side of the throttle body. Visually, the only thing different about the injector/throttle unit was the missing "hot start" plug on the '13. As I've said before... I never needed to use the hot start lever on my '12... ever. So maybe it was deleted because nobody else ever had to use it either? Visually, the two motors seem identical aside from the deletion of the hot start plug.
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    I don't use mine either.
  5. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    guscycle likes this.
  6. tm_enduro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TM144en
    So does the txc 250 have the same motor as the tc250? What hop up potential is there? EFI mapping? Exhaust required? I am very interested in a 250, but it's gotta be a screamer. I've spent a bit of time on the ktm 250xcf, and loved it, but would prefer to do a Husky. Also rode the 350xcf, but found it pulled harder than I wanted down low and in the mid range.
  7. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Tm
    I purchased one of the first 2010 TXC 250 x-lites. Loved the handleing and the motor was ok and a little better after the factory remap. Even after the remap the motor was not strong enough for me. I sold it.
    Six months later JD came out with his tuner. I rode a friends 2010 TXC 250 with the JD tuner only and Could not believe how much better the motor was. Definately on par with the KTM 250 xcf's I have ridden.
    Several weeks ago at the NW Gathering I had the opportunity to ride 4 310's of various years and set ups. Also rode a stock 2011 TC 250. The TC 250 motor was not that far off the 310's including the 13 R. I rode a 2011 310 that was stock except for the JD tuner. That bike had the old 4 port injector and TE ecu. It ran just as strong as any of the other 310's. Dave " everfree" had a 12 TE 310 with the TXC 12 pt injector,ECU, Akropovic exhaust and a 47 rear sprocket. His motor was my favorite. It was a good bit stronger down low to mid and pulled just as hard and a bit longer than the 13 R but it was so much quieter and he had the quiet insert in.
    Bill's has a 2012 TXC 250 for $5300. It has the 12pt injector.Add a Jd tuner and Akropovic exhaust and I think you would have the platform you are looking for. He also has a 12 TC 250 with the new head for $4700.
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Keep yer hands off that '12 TC250....Ive got dibs (quick, someone buy my 511 :) )
  9. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I don't normally read magazines, but I had a long flight last week, and bought the latest Dirt bike issue to help kill some time. They do a test of the 250f's, and the Husky made more power than the Suzuki, Honda, and Yamaha. The only ones that made more power were KTM, and Kawi. The dyno graph also shows excellent low and mid power from the Husky.
    water racer, ray_ray and dartyppyt like this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250

Is it Ok to race this bike now that it has some paper that says is has power or do we stand around and wait a few more yrs for more improvements ?
  11. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I thought it was funny that they called the bike underpowered in the test, then showed that it had more power than most, and was strong right off the bottom.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That just shows how pathetic and accepted their reporting is ... Do they even know they contradicted themselves? Do they even care? This is on par with a magazine comparing a Husky to some cfr hondo in the very recent past ...

This same bike won the Italian MX championship a yr (or 2) ago and what was bmw\Husky response? Kill off the MX racing effort ... No support for their own product. They suck here... I swear, the riders have more respect for the bikes than all the suits in GR and maybe even IT ...
  13. tm_enduro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TM144en
    Russ
    thanks for the input. I have been thinking about the tc250 at Bills, and even the txc250.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, good reporting by Russ ... I'm a 6speed guy and if the TXC is close to that TC engine wise, I'd be inclined to consider that 6speed machine ... I ride every piece of earth available(tracks\trails\hardtop) , maybe even on the same day, so my riding covers a wide range ... Your riding may be more specific than mine and a true 5speed racer is what you need ...
  15. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    They didn't say it was a bad bike, but I'm not sure it got a fair evaluation against the other bikes that it's probably way better than.

Attached Files:

16. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    You forgot about the E-leg on the TXC.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    They are probably having a hard time believing that turning deamon that they are riding ... Its like a wowo: 'This thing was not made in Kansas' moment ...
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    My two cents on the new 250…
    (not that I really have an opinion, but someone might listen)

What’s new on the 2013 TC250:

1. Better radiators, stronger, higher capacity, better flow –thank god-
    2. Magnetic oil sump plug - looks weird, I bet 7602/Zipty has/can make a better one.
    3. Mapping changes, slightly better off the start and smoother across the power band (but still piss poor)
    4. New grips
    5. New in mold graphics, handle bar pad, new stickers
    6. Bigger crank bearings, added another one near stator
    7. New Keihin D42 efi - Yay!
    8. Bigger valves
    9. Intake velocity stack

Okay, on to the good stuff – HP…

Maximum HP for the MY13 TC250 is 37.8 @11,000 rpm.

(KTM 42.9, Kawasaki 41.2, Yamaha 37.1, Yay! We beat Yamaha, barely)

The bike weights 229lbs. compared to Yamahappy that weights 218, the Husky is chubby, but has a good solid steel frame that can take some serious abuse.

Can the bike be made into a screamer?

Well, first off, you need to at least get it up to the KTM’s hp level which means +5.1HP. Can it be done? Sure, no problem.

1. The shiny Akrapovic exhaust needs to be updated, it really holds back this engine. FMF only has a 4.1RCT slip on available, I am sure they are working on a megabomb. I hear procircuit has an exhaust ready for $$ and it will work too.
    2. I got the chance to carefully inspect the new head and it has massive amounts of material that can be removed through porting which is yay yay! And don’t forget to mirror polish. The valves are already bigger which is a +.
    3. Mapping. It’s better this year for the stockers, better off idle starts and a little smoother, but still sucks. Even Husqvarna is/will be offering an aftermarket programmable ecu for the tc250, but at $720 bucks, I’m thinking F-that and go with PCV and dyno.
    4. More air/fuel in, more heat out. Evans/XF coolant.
    5. 13/50 final drive sprockets hmm… Great for the stockers and trail rides, not for the MX track. Maybe 13/48 or 14/50 or so.
    6. Setup suspension, especially the front forks to use their full travel. It is impossible to use the full travel stock.
    7. Better tires.

Fix those things and make sure you wave as you pass the pumpkins. :8)

[IMG]
    BILLF likes this.
  19. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    [
    Tinken,

I spoke to a guy at MotoWorks over in Elsinore back in August (I really like their stuff, btw). He had mentioned they were going to start working on a system for Huskys that could punch out a little more HP but they were a still a ways off.

How true is this? I dunno. Maybe they were just talking, but the guy did say I wasn't the only Husky guy to enquire.
    BILLF likes this.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I've talked to Motoworks, I think "a few months off" is the generic message, every month is a few months off. haha