2013 TC250R report...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 20, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    HP HP power is nothing without control, 99% of (Us) riders even local pros would never be handicapped by peak power at 11000 rpm deficits.
    Everyone is so stuck on max HP numbers and snowed by all the media publicity that surrounds those numbers.
    Lap times are what count, has anyone done a test at 6500 rpm or at 8500 rpm etc etc for torque and HP. How does the TC250R put it's power out/to the ground, if it's "softer" then the other brands I will bet straight up cash that most everyone here (normal riders) will turn faster lap times on it, because 99% of riders can't exploit max power anyway, even on 250 4T machines.
    I'm just sticking up for the brand as a fan with dose of racing reality.
    Anyway if a top tier team chooses to run a TC250R you can bet that it will be tuned by a professional hot rod shop anyway (PC for example), the OEM machine will be a base to work from.
    Any good hot rodder will be able to coax more peak from the F1 type short stroke motor (RPM F1 and motoGP numbers are in the 20K range now) for one. All the other hot rod usual stuff as well, porting, valve timing, ECU, FI, gearing, exhaust will make any brand competitive at the top tier level. Again, 99% of TC250R riders can be sure that their low peak HP TC250R is every bit as capable of winning their local races as any other brand, it's mostly up to the pilot on the seat.
    Question so what happens next year if the TC250R has more peak HP than all the other brands??? will it magically start winning MX nats/ GPs/ SX ?? Its really irrelevent as long as its not completly out of the ballpark. My 3 cents. RN
    (It has been up front in GNCC competition for one)(and the blackheads 250/310s very low HP numbers won 3 world enduro championships over the competition-factory supported KTMS and others for example)
    john01 likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

totally agree. In fact at my local track where there are some real fast guys (The main track for Portland area and at the PIR race track) the 250F class was being beat up by a couple of guys on 125 2 strokes! At the local level it is always about the rider. Jake, whom was a semi fast and top three guy in his class had to ride a KXF250 at one race instead of his TC250 because he found a broken engine mount and while he said the KXF for sure had more power he would have much rather be on his TC. HP is just part of a very big picture IMHO at the local level.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    In my youth, I was a professional motocross race mechanic for Honda and later became a racer myself with alcohol-nitro burning funnycars. I am an engineer today, so my opinions will usually be based upon an engineers stand point. I know that races come down to the riders, everyone knows this. But no rider is going to take the TC250 to supercross without a competitive advantage. I love Husqvarna or I wouldn't be here helping fellow riders today. I apologize if I offended anyone.

@Robert-
    Interesting you asked about mid rpm hp because (from an engineers view) 15hp at 6k rpm is nothing to write home about. The new TC250 develops the majority of it's hp in the high rpms, so it's definitely a rev munger. Basic engine improvements were based around better flow which usually yields top end power and that is exactly what happened here. If you are used to riding the 2t's, you should be right at home on this one. :)
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Tinken,
    No disrespect noted man. this is a forum!! Good engineering and real world stuff we put out. That little TC is for sure in the short stroke F1 type motor mold. rev rev rev. the more my 310 revs the more it does and thats the blackhead version. From what info I have heard from direct ties to the casa race team the black head is inherently unbalanced in the head porting/valve size dept. which was a limiting factor, leading to the redesign and red head version.
    Keep putting out the good stuff and no issue for anything "controversial" thats why we love this place, we usually operate at a higher logic level than many other of the so called expert intertube forums.
    MotoMarc36 and Tinken like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    There is no one racing a Husky at the top level because:

1) Only the company can homolate the bike for this racing.
    2) The parent company is not paying any one to ride their bike or supporting this effort.

There is only 1 winning bike per race and 1 champion each race and year ... all other bikes suck right? Well look at the brand that finishes in everyplace but the #1 spot ... They are all the same bikes! Yet only one is a great bike and that is the winning bike ... Yet the same bike might have run in 15th also ... With a different rider of course ...

So why are are the other bikes even in the race? Of course they are paid to be in the race.

Do you actually think if a Husqvarana was in any of these ama races with a top tier rider , that it would finish laps ...laps behind the only bike that counts (the winning bike) ? Would it be so bad we all stopped riding a Husky or would the bike AND rider finish the race in a respectable position?

I know why the guy robbed the bank and I know the answer to where a Husky would finish in an ama sx\mx race ...And it is not an embarrassment ... The embarrassment is that Husky is not even trying ...

PS -- And please ...just show me the baby ...