1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2013 WR300 just stopped.... sounds like no spark NEW BIKE

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Neesmo31, Dec 28, 2012.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Regulator and the dash box have NOTHING to do with the IGN system.

You can take them completly off the bike and it will run perfect....you can even short them to ground no problem.

Swap the cheap stuff first.....

Disconnect the kill switch.
    Swap plug
    Swap plug cap.
    Make sure plug cap does not require tit on the spark plug.
    Check coil coil ground
    Swap coil with another bike in the shop.
    Swap CDI with another bike in shop
    Swap Stator with another bike in shop
    jmetteer likes this.
  2. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    Mate do you have the 2013 wiring diagram? I am getting it fixed on warrantee, so what they do doesnt matter, but i never diagnose with money.

I thought it was odd for the dash to do that - still seems like exactly what you have said Kyle - i couldnt see that the little dash unit could cause that. But it most likely has a short somewhere... i dont know. I should have just fixed it myself and got them to just pay for the part.
  3. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Here's the wiring diagram for a 2012; 2013 should be the same, I think:

[IMG]

No interconnection between the dash and the ignition system. They both plug into the reg, but they are on different connections. They have nothing else in common.

It's not the dash. I'd have trouble trusting the shop if this is their diagnosis.

R Little was right. You only have like 3-4 parts to swap to find the problem; they just need to swap one thing over at a time from a 250/300 until yours works (or properly use a multimeter to diagnose things).
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes, see those 4 grounds? The only ones you are concerned with are the spark plug and the kill switch.
  5. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks lads. Apparently with a certain plug unplugged the bike runs but with no dash and headlight. With the plug in there is no spark. From what i have been told the problem is not in the ignition circuit, has something to do with the upper end of the bike. Part arrives today and we will see what happens. :)

Thanks everyone for their help...
  6. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    I agree, it sounds like they are are not very competent and are only swapping parts. What needs doing is fault-finding. Good for you that they are working under warranty, otherwise they would be very expensive and maybe still not have solved the problem. I think you stand a better chance. Good luck on this one.
    Fred
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Ain't one plug on there that will drop out the dash and the headlight at once. You'd have to unplug at least two things for that to happen, by my reading of the wiring diagram.
    hotham likes this.
  8. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah Im just going off what I have been told from them. Ill give them a ring today....
  9. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fixed finally. I have no idea, but they put the new dash on and it all seems to be working. Picking it up this afternoon. They did the kill switch - didnt fix the problem. They replaced the regulator - didnt fix the problem. They then put a new dash on - problem gone. So I really dont know lol. Baffling.

So ill take it for a lash this arvo and ensure everything is working fine.
    dave lindsey likes this.
  10. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    All good. Seems to have a little bit more poke for some reason, but the indicators now work properly, easier to start and goes well :)

Pity i am going to have to sell it now :(
  11. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
  12. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Knee problems again :( How did you go mate with all the floods? You okay down there?
  13. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.

Smashed the headlight on mine in a race, the wires in the bulb shorted together and shut the bike off.Also was having problems where the bike would randomly quit running. Yanked the wiring out for the head ,taillight and dash. Never had another problem. I was confused too!! All is good now so f@"$ it!!
    AC3 likes this.
  14. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    my 2012 WR300 was very hard to impossible to start from day one.the dealer was of no help.after 3 top end failures[i have photos of the crack in one barrel between the exhaust&sub exhaust ports] fixed after much delay[ under warranty], i diagnosed an intermittent ignition fault[the stator] that was fixed under warranty.all this with less than 700kms traveled .interesting that the WR's in U.S.A. are sold without the lights fitted,possibly the lights overload the ignition system[stator?]
  15. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Knee problems again :( How did you go mate with all the floods? You okay down there?

Bugga mate, no good when ya have a bung knee... good luck with that.
    Mate the floods have destroyed north Bundaberg.. I have to drive semi trailers through ( what looks like a war zone) and it brings a tear to ya eye. Some people( mainly families) have had 200 megalitres a second of mud/ silt swept through their homes, roads torn up and dumped a klm up the road, houses swept off stumps... fwoar very humbling..
    My family and friends all safe, some mates lost alot but will rebuild..
    Queenslanders we're good at rebuilding

Mother Nature sure is Pi:censored:ed off, some very, very scary weather !!
  16. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah for sure. Good to hear that all is well, bad to hear that some wernt so lucky. Like you said, us QLDers are a tough breed, we always bounce back!
  17. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Jaxsplatt, if you know anyone chasing a 2010 husky 125 let me know :) Lad who bought my 125 is selling it to buy my 300 now, so hopefully i can get rid of that for him.
  18. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    mate if it was a husky cr65 i'd buy two... the boys both want one each:cheers: