1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 25 hours on the WR300 and I think Ive figured her out

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by K5PL5, Jan 22, 2013.

1. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Did you get the cable yet?
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For what it is worth I run the motion pro cable BUT I have it made 3 inches shorter Why have a cable longer then needed
    shorter cable less to pull
    454x likes this.
  3. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    No,I called motion pro last week,they said another 3wks untill they get the needed part. and then they will ship it out.
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Took the rear shock to Solid. Bike was pogo-ing like hell in the stutter bumps. Evan told me when his guy took the shock apart to clean it, the oil was black as night and cooked! Just a heads up anyone else running a Sachs..the o-ring that is inside the resorvoir wears out to a square shape and ultimately you will get nitrogen and oil mixed which is obviously not a good thing. Also, since the Sachs resorvoir is uncoated steel, there is a slow break down of metal which combines with your oil. A nice slurry of oil and metal is what you end up with. This is not conducive to the valving. Also, there are shops who offer a bladder modification. That is all well and good but in the time it takes for an o-ring to wear out, the same will happen with a bladder, in that oil will seep thru by osmosis. Either way, o-ring or bladder, you just have to get the damn thing serviced. He also put in a few Ohlins spacers in the shock to drop my seat height about one inch. At 5'11 or so, this makes the bike a little more manageable. Especially since Im standing up alot more these days.
    I cant say enough for Solid Performance and Evan's expertise. Also, if anyone rides orange, he is just about to start selling KTMs officially.
  5. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Bolt the upper shroud to the lower. Drill a hole through them where the tab is and use a philips panhead type bolt w a nut and washer on the bike. Works awsome for me so far after two races and normal riding.
    wait4me likes this.
  6. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Wow. How many miles/hours are on your bike?

I'm not good about having my shock(s) serviced, I just had my 2006 TE done for the first time last year... Maybe I need to plan on having it freshened up more often.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im almost at 50 hours.
    After yesterdays race I think I need a service!
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Did you race at RORR too? I raced C-open, had a great time but that course (and the heat/humidity) definitely beat me up!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  9. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah I raced B Vet and I have to say thats the worst riding Ive done in a long time. The heat took it out of me. I ended up getting 8th which is just fine cuz I was happy to finish! Thats the worst mudd Ive ever witnessed haha. When it rained really hard the course was actually alot of fun. I was able to pick up the pace that lap cuz the mud was liquified and ruts got smaller. Took off my goggles in the first lap. Got steamed up behind a gaggle of guys who were stuck.
    What a race haha
  10. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Yup, I ditched my googles on the first lap, I couldn't see and I was melting. I'm way slower than you, and it was tough, but I had a good time.

This bike is GREAT in the tough stuff. I'm not fast, but every time there was a mud section or a rocky climb, I was making up ground on guys or passing them, seemed like people were really struggling and I was just lugging the bike through everything, slow and steady. It's nearly impossible to stall the thing...
  11. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Agreed, thats where the bike shines. The motor is magical. I had the rear shock lowered/shimmed out which took about an inch from the seat height and that made a huge difference for me as well. I am not experience in the mud. It was an eye opener.
    Ive got to order a new rear fender since I basically almost cracked mine completely off haha.
  12. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    muddyeffer.jpeg 2 hours of riding and 2 weeks of clean up, maintenance, and repair haha.
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Haha! I wish I had taken a picture of mine, it looked similarly horrible.

I think I may have seen you (or at least your bike) on my way out (when it was still clean). I remember seeing red tank plastics with no stickers, looks good. I was in a little blue pickup with my 300 in the back.
  14. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool. I probably saw you during the C race. I was spectating. Boy the trail looked nice in the beginning of your race. I recognized the section where I had been watching and it was almost unrecognizable by then!
    Check your PM