1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 250 or 300... YZ or WR?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surfingboyo, Mar 4, 2014.

1. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    The jd kit def made it good, but if i can't get the starting issue figured out i'm going to light this bike on fire!!!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Just hard to kick or does not like to fire? I'm guessing you have the kicking technique down so it must be jetting. Make sure your plug cap is good and sealed well and not arcing onto the head. Does it start good hot? Cold? Maybe you have already been through this in another thread? I never had much issue starting any of these WR/CR 250/300 so trying to figure it out.
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

Watching this thread with great interest. :popcorn::popcorn:
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, the 250 starts much easier for me. I have a Keihin 38mm PWM.
  5. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:

Well first off, the idle speed screw is in so far that it is flush w the jam nut. Pilot too rich i'm guessing? 32.5 pilot. Second i will get a few good starts in a row, then all of the sudden it doesn't cooperate. I feel like the kick start is too short and in a bad location. The 300 is just not for me. If i could get it started i would want to keep it, but i can't so it has to go. I start the bike, put it in gear, shut it off, and don't let the clutch out till started. The carb would be a last effort. Cold, warm, doesn't make a diff.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Your pilot is to rich. Usually when they start hard it is too rich. Also make sure your vent lines are completely open and free. If you know how to kick these and your jetting is close it should be an EZ starting bike.
    shrubitup likes this.
  7. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

Mine has the slight clutch drag and is very hard to start in gear. Very easy in neutral.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    mine too, typical husky.
  9. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bought the motion pro terminator cable, told em to make it 4 inches shorter. WAY better, but still drags a little. I'm thinking i should've gotton the inner cable about a 1/4 shorter though. I used up all of the adjustment to get the slack out.
  10. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'll try to lean it out. It was a out 45 deg at my last race. Had to kick it 10 times when the engine was cold. It idles very low, almost stalls. I'll let you know what happens since others seem to interested!!
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  11. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    32.5 pilot should be about right on the Mikuni, I disagree that it is too rich. However, you didn't state where the idle air screw is set to, that's important to get right. Adjust it to get the highest idle. Even with the correct jetting, my Mikuni didn't start quite as easy as the PWK. Mine starts 1st or second kick every time with the PWK with the JD kit.

I always start in neutral. Trying to start in gear isn't worth the effort.

If you have the factory headlight wired directly in, it makes it much harder to start. I turn my headlight off to start it.
    shrubitup likes this.
  12. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    No lighting at all. Air screw is 1 1/2 out. And yes it's easier in neutral, that's part of the reason i miss my yz, it would start in gear. Bottom line here is that if it won't start in gear i will have to get rid of it. We get holeshot awards now.
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    If starting in gear is an absolute necessity, you might be in trouble. How much do you want for it? :D
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I owe 3800 on it.
  15. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I find it crazy you guys are having trouble starting this thing with pwk in gear. I could flip my bike 20 times down a hill and it would more than likely start first kick IN gear. I do run a rekluse exp though...don't know if that would make much of a differance or not. When I had the mukini I felt just like 'justpinit"...almost sold the bike. pwk did the trick for me anyway best$230 i"ve spent on the bike other than suspension
  16. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like i need to get the pwk airstryker. Wish i could try before i buy, but hey it's only money! Suspension works great just put some .48's up front. Have a 4.8 in the back. Or maybe a 5.8. I'm 195lbs. Can't remember wich one. Lol
  17. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    suspension is really good once revalved correctly, My shock is the best I have ever had. I did have him change it from a piston to a bladder though. super plush yet soaks big stuff up.
  18. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    It's still got some compression but it definitely needs a top end. He was pretty easy on it.

I'm not sure how many hours was on my 250 when I got it but I put 45 hours on it before this happened at round 9 in Parker

[IMG]

I don't think I saw you there. It was a mess, my rads got packed full of mud and I lost all of my coolant.
  19. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hope you grabbed some popcorn and a comfy seat. Hey "surfingboyo" did you get the answer you needed. Lmao!!! Slight highjack going on....aaahemm so yeah like i said the yz parts cost less and are everywhere.lol..
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

post a WTB ad in the classifieds as many went from a PWK to a Lectron and might find one cheap. But then you still have to buy the JD kit.