250cc 2T machines back into ama 450 main events

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jun 8, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You might have a point on the smaller teams and that talk has also been around for a few yrs also on making racing more affordable ... if a guy is gonna run 15th or 18th or whatever most every race..why not try a 2t? Maybe that is who is racing the 2t machines currently ...

--
    I read an interview from Mitch Payton a few yrs back and he said he did not care what they raced as long as it was equal ... And only 1 type of bike because doing both 2&4 stroke would be too expensive ...

-- I'm just about ready to start racing my 2t bike and park the 4t ... I've never really raced or jumped any bike till a couple yrs back and it was with the easy riding and jumping 4t ... So now, maybe I'll step up to the 250 2t :) ... Only the jumping part is the sticking point ... Time waits for no man and I want to make a few cool passes on my 250 2t before it is too late ... Plus that bike just wants to race ...

How hard would it be to change hondas' business model to include 2t machines? That's the uphill battle and its a steep uphill to say the least ... Maybe constant and sustained 2t finishes of any respectable sort for positive advertising on the machines with help... How many yrs did ktm race in the sx series before they won much? Ktm can race a 2t in ama racing in the coming yrs with respectable results ... Except this Husky thing they are doing might be tossing a monkey wrench in there ... Forget the JAP guys helping much ...But you never know ...
  2. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Honda corporation is anti anything except 4 strokes - and pro anything that benefits Honda. They are unlikely to ever produce another 2 stroke. Electric maybe.

I saw a Yamaha 250 get stuck behind the carnage at the last outdoor event. I wanted to see more coverage of who that rider was and how he did.

The coverage of the Loretta Lynn races had a nice feature on the kid from Minnesota riding a 1985 CR250 - and covered a little of his race.

I know the AMA has their heads planted too far up ..... to change the rules at this point. I just hope some Euro factory (KTM / Husky maybe) produces a DI 250 that will run with the 450's on tracks that are now designed for the 450's.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    It really makes more sense to have the machines nearly the same and let the riders be the difference.

We've seen some innovations like the Chapparals, the turbine Indy cars and anabolic steroids in the Tour de France but apparently they were not ultimately good for RACING. Oh, yeah, forgot the high tech swimsuits.

I think they should run at least a limited number of 2 stroke races, either by class, unlimited or both. Loretta's and Mammoth both did this and it was fun.
    MikeB and robertaccio like this.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    again the weekend warrior that that poses the skill of keeping momentum is as quick as a 2x time bigger 4 stroke

if I look to my riding the 2 stroke (now 165) is keeping pace with a equal skilled rider on a 450 4 stroke

stamina and wide open roads making the difference

Robert-Jan
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    villopoto on a kx85 would smoke any ammie on a 450 and probably alot of pros as well just for a fun thought
    R-J van Hulst likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's the point ...It will make the racing more interesting across the board ... Blocking any advances for these bikes does not help the consumer any ...