25hrs of FUN

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Chop Suey Husqvarna
    B Class

Darn! Hate when youtube clips get posted...I have to wait until I'm home to look at them (blocked at work)!! I'll check them out tonight, sounds interesting.
  2. Chop Suey Husqvarna
    B Class

Whew! I got tired just watching that! Been there and done that, so I can appreciate the learning curve!:applause: Looks like she learned through the school of tough love like I did (I like how the guys are standing around while she's picking up her bike:busted:)

Thanks for sharing...got more of her? Not that you guys aren't cool and all but it's cool to see the ladies out there having fun too!
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't. That's why I ride with the guys; so they can help me pick up my bike. At my age, I don't get a fallen 280 pound trail bike off the trail so great any more.:oldman:
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Oh, we learned in the first year not to help unless she asked. :D She would get mad, she wants to do it herself and most of the time she does.:thumbsup:

she is in this one, I think that was the last time i had to ride her bike for her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMfLiFYtCc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fHjcEhBHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIAiyaPmJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipl5Uw88XDI

Good memories.:applause:

Later,
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I only watched the first one. She seem extremely happy, strong, and stubborn at the same time :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  6. Chop Suey Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for posting the additional videos jmetteer! Only had time to watch the first two so I'll check out the rest tonight. One word for Margie: TENACIOUS!
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    MB getting the props on the Cafe :thumbsup:

I'll attest that girl can flat out ride. She has bigger cojones and talent than most of the men who ride with us.

Wish I had a pic of her stuck in the 3ft deep mud puddle at the hangover scramble. On a KDX220 with a trials tire :doh:. She literally swam out of the hole after the bike had become fossilized in the Washougal mud.

Most of my male buddies skipped that race. Not MB though :notworthy:

Nice pics guys. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Can you guys stop saying that! I have a horrible mental picture i don't want to think about next time i ride with her :D
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I didn't even unload my bike. :busted:

It was just over a month old at the time and no way was I subjecting it to that crap. :banghead:

Later,
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jake...how did you do at 25hrs of fun? Who did you team with?
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Especially liked the last one with the snow in it. That brought back Northwest enduro memories for me.

Margie tends to yell a lot in the videos, but more in delight than anything else. I didn't hear one swear word out of her on any of those crashes. I'd have certainly been all:foul: on every fall.
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I filled in for a guy that broke his wrist at the 6 hour last month. It was on a team with one of the trials guys. The team name was "It's all about the ride".

Our team started with the first rider bending a sprocket and tossing a chain in the first 15 minutes of the race. The second rider started our first lap in last place 17 minutes behind everyone else. That changed the mood of the race to lets go have fun instead of the serious racer mode. The first lap was barely completed with a blown up bike that would idle but not run. He pushed and coasted through the final checkpoint and the bike did run so we got to keep the lap.

I was rider number 3, so I started lap 2 in 98th position. and came back in 73rd. I also rode the first two night laps 9 & 10, then went and got some sleep for my 1:30am wake up. My last lap was lap 18, again it was in the night.

I had an absolute blast! :applause:

We ended up finishing 12th overall and 9th in open expert after they bumped a sandbagging amateur team that finished 6th overall into open expert.

The funny thing is the 17 minutes we lost at the beginning had no affect on our overall finish, the team ahead of us was out there by 48 minutes. It sure relieved me of a bunch of pressure though and I got to ride fast because I wanted to not because I had to.

Later,
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That was a fun weekend. :thumbsup:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    WOW even more brilliant, that course looks like bowl of spaghetti. Great post and great job from all, from the organizers to the riders. That is an epic event!! very cool. R

more vids??