1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 300+Dyna Ring+WC elite perch

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bigcahunak, Aug 9, 2010.

1. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Well, the auto clutch override feature of the dyna-ring, technically overrides, but not really as good as... regular clutch.
    Its hard pulling, the lever is far out forward and lacks any feel. Comes to think about it, its that when you finally use it when you have the auto clutch is when you really need the feeling to lift above larger obstacles... you pull that far out lever in (realizing you put more effort in holding the lever than the bar...) then releasing it to discover the clutch is still disengaged cause you didn't rev the engine enough for the auto clutch to engage as well, which makes it tricky cause too much revving and clutch lever releasing might cause what is known to most of us as... back flip... but for now its no back flip, cause your front just got stuck in that 1.5 foot high rock which you couldn't lift over in first attempt, bringing your confidence down and sending you 3 points about for 2nd attempt... till then you just boil your clutch and engine some as its on a constant slip between the plates till you finally get moving.
  2. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    I respectfully disagree as I have no problem with feathering the clutch over large obstacles. Yes the pull is farther out and stiffer but I really have no problems, feeling its engagement. I will say that the way mine is adjusted might have something to do with it. As it is, I have my clutch adjusted so that, when the bike is idling I can just barely feel the bike want to creep. I go further out in its adjustment and then back it down until I can hear the engine idle just barley change.:excuseme:
  3. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Interesting, when I first got mine I thought along those lines. Not haven ridden it with the auto clutch I spoke w/ a few people and they indicated that they could loft over logs etc... no sweat. I'm curious about how you performed the adjustments on yours. Did you solely rely on the cable for adjustment or did you also use the adjustable rod inside the clutch? When I first put mine in I just used the cable only and thought that it was going to suck... I then spoke with WVdag and he indicated that he used the internal rod adjustment for the majority of his. Once I did this things looked much better. I made an attempt, got it close and was satisfied that it'd be okay; gotta wait 'til next spring since the wife's having baby #3... Anyway, I can make it through the winter w/out going nuts over my new auto clutch.... :lol:
  4. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    I only used the clutch cable. I maxed out the mid adjustment minus two turns, then onto the perch where I maxed it out then eased of till it just started to grab. Congrats on the addition to your family.:cheers:
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am not an auto clutch fan. I have 2 customers who bought Dyna Rings and both have taken them out for one reason or another.
  6. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

I adjusted mine just like husky300 describes. technically, it worked ok. I guess I'm just not an auto clutch guy. I'm doing pretty good with the lever and liking it.
    wife is having #4 soon, which doesn't stop me from starting our race season tomorrow...
  7. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Thanks! :thumbsup:

Good deal:cheers:; when I say soon I talking today.:D Our race season is just rapping up too.

That's vibe I'm getting with auto clutches in general. Some folks like them a lot and some do not. I've never had one so we'll see what I say when I get a few rides in with one!
  8. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Different bikes

I think there is a difference between the 250 /300 and the 125. On my 150 I can't get the clutch cable or lever adjusted to operate normal or even close. I tried adjusting the clutch so that the idle slightly changed, but no different. I'm guessing if the idle changes slightly that the gap is to close and will create more heat on the clutch. Has any one measured the gap like when you install a Rekluse clutch? I'm just wondering if it can be measured. Also as this clutch wears you have to increase the gap. So if it works ok now, that might change down the road as this clutch wears. I hope to have more time to play with it soon and try to get it better.

They need to come up with some sort on system that keeps the tension on the cable without the clutch perch on the bars. I'm looking at putting a left side hand brake on but can't fit both perches on the bars. Need like a threaded adjuster at the engine somewhere Any ideas?