1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 570 Husaberg to a WR300???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chums, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

It does not matter what you get eventually you will want something else :).
    I would love to trade my 250 2t in on a 570.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My mileage is low usually on most rides ( 50 -60 miles) and almost all in the dirt in some form or another ... I'd never even consider a bike with that much displacement for my riding here plus, I don't want to turn my rides into slow-twist, throttle-controlled events that a bike with that much HP probably needs to keep it under control ... I'm stuck on 250s, any Husky 250 .. (maybe a 310, maybe a WR300 also)

--
    I'm pretty content with the Husqvarna brand ...
    sabortooth likes this.
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

the frame? you think the quality of the frame or welding is of issue?
    not to sound a little confused, where do you think these are made, China?
    the company has a little off road experience a couple titles to back that up
    been around a little longer than all the other companies and with that comes a little experience

I would get the suspension tuned to you, new carb, pipe and silencer, skid plate,
    maybe a spare frame or two :eek:
  4. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account

I'm assuming the frames were an issue because reading between the lines I see,

"the company has a little off road experience a couple titles to back that up
    been around a little longer than all the other companies and with that comes a little experience"

and a company like the one you just described wouldn't just upgrade the frames in 12' and 13' because they feel like loosing money, right??

Not to be argumentative but I'm not sure why else they would advertise an upgraded frame if they didn't have some kind of an issue or reason to do that, I'm newish to the Husky line so maybe that could be explain to me a little better if it's not an issue at all.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    The WR300 motor is magical. I have a 13 TE449 and there is no comparison when in the tight stuff. There is just something brilliant about the "3 stroke". I can lug the motor down so low when Im racing and just a little bit of clutch and the revvs are back up. The rest of the bike is not magical, but its still pretty good. We all know you must change a bike to suit the rider and what type of riding you will be doing. I think you would be really pleased with the bike.
  6. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    KYB forks are original equipment on a whole bunch of the top-tier Japanese dirt/MX bikes; in fact, the new air spring stuff you're seeing in MX news is KYB, so they're right there on the bleeding edge. It's hard to say which is "better" but plenty of people think KYBs are better than WPs (and vice-versa). I think that for trail/enduro use they are definitely comparable. There is no reason you should fear KYBs.

KYB is the manufacturer, so they do not revalve them, but any competent suspension tuner can work on them.

Edit: Stock valving on the WRs may not be right for what you want to do (it didn't work for me), but with a revalve they should perform as well as anything else out there, IMO.
  7. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks, that makes sense and I have heard great things about that motor!! Looking forward to a test ride this afternoon! If it feels anything close to the New Beta 300rr I road It will be sweet!
  8. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That puts me at ease a little. A guy I ride with has KYB MX Suspension that had been tuned and he seems to have some trouble with it in rocks, guessing it's the set up more than the actual suspension.
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    KYBs are super tunable, like any other fork. They can be set up to be supercross stiff, or trailbike plush, or anywhere in between. They can't be setup to do both, though. :)

I will say that, in my opinion, the stock valving on the WR300 KYBs isn't great. For my riding and skill level, it's way too stiff/harsh, and a revalve is necessary. This is frustrating, as I feel Husky should put a woods-appropriate suspension on a woods bike, but oh well. With the money you save over a KTM/GG, you can have your suspension tuned 20 times...
  10. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had an 09 WR125 which should have been cut in half like the CR125s of that year too. Our 310 bent a peg mount like it was warm butter. My biggest concern with any recent Husky is the frames, I think he has a valid concern, world championships mean nothing when your frame cracks. When researching my problems I found out the race team was shimming all their frames to prevent cracking. Quality control was a real issue in this regard.
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

I don't see this a argumentative unless that is your intent, a company that wants to have lines of info on their brochure will go to great lengths to find words.
    saw a line on a bike recent that had 2 lines on the hand grips alone, exactly what is "new and improved"
    upgraded frame, exactly what I don't know, but if they did one thing they would have a line in the brochure
    they certainly did not spend a dime on the engine
    a lot of my riding buddies have KTM's and I had one not long ago, they are nice,, at the time KTM's had 5 speed and Husky's had 6 speeds, that has reversed so I would probably buy a KTM or a Berg 300 today
  12. outdoorsman166 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250/1987 430xc
    After riding hondas only since 99 I have to say that I have owned a wr 250 for two months now and love it! cant imagine what you are putting your bike through that you would doubt the durability of frame geometry. I imagine you would be fine on either bike with some pros and cons of course, afterall husky is and has ben a world class contender with racing
  13. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I bought the 13' wr300 yesterday! Having the suspension done by Halls and lowered 3/4", got the Gnarly pipe, Rekluse, Hour meter, skid plate, rad braces, and a few other bits and pieces and am picking up Saturday! Bike felt good other than a little tall but that was to be expected. I'm waiting on the carb until I can get some hours on it but it has been re-jetted by Halls as part of their set up procedure, but I plan on doing some plug checks anyway before I get carried away.

My general impression is I think husky makes a fine bik it seems like some early 2000 jap bike tech mixed in with some unique configurations but in simple terms its no Husaberg. As many have said "for the Money" it's a great bike, I would definitely agree with that statement. I was looking at early 2000 MX bikes to convert to a woods bike and in this case I feel the husky was a better buy, being able to buy a 13' WR300 for what you can by a 3-4 year old YZ isn't bad plus you would have to sink more into the YZ to make it a little better in the woods.

FYI the worries I had on the frame durability were confirmed by the guys at Halls in that they were aware of frames cracking in places however they actually reinforce the areas as part of their set up when you buy a bike from them. It seemed like one area that they had problems with was on some of the tabs holding misc. items like the coil for example. They also said the newer frames 12'-13' did come from the factory with extra bracing in high stress areas, like the head tube, just not enough so they add more. You can believe what you want after reading that but I for one am glad I asked the questions.

Thanks for your comments
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is one weird reading thread ... Its like Mars or something ...

This guy is riding a WR300 Husky ... We all know its the rider and in these type of events, a slug bike is not gonna cut it.
    [IMG]
    2premo and Dirtdame like this.
  15. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see 3 KTMs.
    2premo likes this.
  16. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    :busted:

that was funny!
    do you do stand up comedy on the weekends
    but very astute observation
  17. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    This photo would indicate that the Huskyberg should be the flagship of ktms' lineup.
  18. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll bet that red KTM has at least all the frame mods the guys at Halls do. That bike probably has as much in common with a showroom one as it does with a Harley Sportster. 2 wheels, a frame, engine and seat.
  19. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

No doubt they are gonna make great babies! Now they just need to bring back a light weight 70 degree motor and life is good!
  20. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

They need to advance the design much farther before trying that again. I got snookered once, the 2011 570 I owned should have been a prototype, not released to the public. Besides the easy air filter access the bike was a major miss on wrenching in just about every regard. Wasn't it like 15 bolts and 2 wire connectors + a fuel line release that you could barely reach just to pull the "too small anyways" fuel tank? I don't miss taking that thing apart for another fuel pump because it trapped too much heat & roasted everything in there. KTM totally botched the execution on that bike.