1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 8 miles per plug, this is getting old...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jmetteer, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    4 more miles down...

Still running.

It am gun shy to call it fixed, one more run should tell me.

I am planning a 120 mile ride this weekend and this is the bike I want to be riding.

Later,
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounding good and another run past that original 8 mile point might wise ...

120 miles sounds like a long ways on a 125 ... Where you riding at?
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    It made it to 16 miles before the light faded and I got hungry, it was still running fine. First time in a while I didn't push it back to the barn. My dad will put a few more miles on it tomorrow for me.

Gifford, I did 114 miles there on the 125 last year. It is a great bike for that, at the end of the day the soft power delivery and light weight are awesome.

Pictures and videos in a few.

Later,
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Ok some photos, while the video uploads.

First compression test, 98 hours on this piston/ring... The bike wasn't quite warm here, it ran for about 2 minutes then fouled a plug, I pushed it back and did the compression test.
    [IMG]
    Glamour shots between heat cycles...
    [IMG]
    Plug check after 16 miles with the stator swapped, top plug is current plug. Bottom one is one of the many fouled versions...
    [IMG]

The only other change is the lighting coil is unplugged, both stators were wound by Walt but Ben had different connectors on his so I left it unplugged. The only other oddity was some scuffing on the inside of the flywheel probably from the epoxy from the rewind. I wouldn't think that would cause any issues.

[IMG]

Videos in the morning probably, they will take a while to upload.

Later,
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds good Jake, hope it's all sorted now. After reading it worked great for your dad then crapped on you in .3 I was beginning to think the problem was just you :D. jk
    jmetteer likes this.
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can sure hear it crackling/breaking up.
  8. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    Could there be stay voltage leaking some where? Is the plug lead still in good condition? Try dielectric grease on the top of the plug next time. I know a hipo skyline that was blowing plugs after 1 pass. Was current 'leaking' up the side of the plugs, he put dielectric grease on the plugs, and no more problems. Just a thought mate. Good luck.
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    The madness continues...

So I put Ben's bike back together with my stator, CDI, and coil. I rode it 12 miles, it was still running fine when I parked it.

I went to hop on mine, it was running fine at 16 miles Tuesday when I parked it. My 12 year old nephew decided to start it earlier in the day, to see if he could, and it started fine for him. It didn't start at all.

I pushed it back into the barn and left, all I can do is laugh at this point.

I guess I will throw the phone book at it, check the reeds, clean the carb, change the crank seals, and change the ring. Maybe pull the kill switch, and push it off a cliff...

Here is how it was running at the last 4 miles of the 16 on this plug.

Later,
  10. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    Years back I had a KTM that did the same thing, reeds looked good but I replaced them any way. It fixed the fouling. Reeds are cheap and easy to replace it's worth a shot. Good luck.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I guess you need to check your crank bearings too. If they aren't perfect they will cause the seals to leak and would also explain the inconsistant rub on the inside of the flywheel. Damn Jake but this is a puzzler.
  12. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    Maybe it's your bike's way of saying it's ready to grow up to a 165 ;)

Seriously though, that sucks. I hate issues that have you chasing your tail.
  13. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    un-related but cool vids fella! :cool: i'd love to have a back yard like yours! :)
    ray_ray and jmetteer like this.
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Boy a head scratcher for sure. I have followed this with interest, but I don't remember if at the time of foul out if you checked to see what the spark looked like or if there was one at all? Seems like since the possibilities range from the stator to the carb that maybe not?
  15. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    There is no spark from the plug that is in the bike when it fouls. New plug has great spark. I am interested in cleaning the fouled plugs to see if they are just oil fouled or if they are burned out somehow. That is a project for Sunday I guess, I have to get my WR250f ready for a nice long ride tomorrow.

Later,
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Well, it is not the reeds, carb, or wiring harness... Jetting is RM needle in the middle clip, 40 pilot and 560 main. While I was checking the reeds I checked the jetting and put in a different TMXX I had laying around.

Today I rode it 5 miles and parked it, clipped some black berries for a while and came back to the bike. It ran for .3 miles and fouled the plug again.

Current photo of the reeds, they looked great still.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Later,
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

560 main??
  18. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Make that a 460... I fat fingered that one.

Later,
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Did you get a chance to try the bad plug after cleaning or in a different bike?
  20. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    As this is now a complete guessing game !! Im going for the wrong type of plug cap, what one is it fitted with ?