1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

!976 WR360 Restoration

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Zburd, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    Simply beautiful!
  2. Zburd Husqvarna
    C Class

Sclark309d:

Great advice! I got ahold of spare coil my buddy had and swapped it out. She revs like she used to! Saved me the headache of trying to replace the entire ignition.

Now... Anybody have any advise for a new clutch? I've checked with Barnett, but can't seem to find anything on their website about a replacement for this year and model.
  3. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    Take out the clutch plates and measure the stack with a caliper. If they measure less than 26mm, replace the material plates. If not maybe your springs are weak. You could try an additional washer and see if that helps. Clutch work is easy in that you can lay the bike on it's side, pop the clutch cover off and do the work. Also, make sure there is at least 9-13mm of free play on the clutch arm.
  4. Zburd Husqvarna
    C Class

I need some advise on replacement shocks... It has a pair of Boge Mulholland 13'' shocks as of now, but they are way worn out, and I am havng a hard time finding/knowing what kind of springs I need for replacement. I only use the bike for trail/woods riding, so I do not need anything too fancy. Any other ideas on a well made shock thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg?
  5. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

keep posting up...great looking bike! also I can totally relate to the thought 'just gonna wipe her downa bit & tighten a few bolts'....next think a total rebuild!!!

on my '72 450 I used progressive shocks model # 412-4001B.... I am happy with their performance..
  6. sweenster Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 CR250 Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    1976 WR360 Cross Country

Urethane clearcoat (fuel resistant)
    '87 500XC likes this.